Bluetooth Tyre Pressure Monitoring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philt32

Car
Mercedes
Can anyone recommend a decent BT system, my daughter has a 2014 Audi with no monitoring (just missed out), so I was thinking of using a BT system so looking for recommendations if anyone can help

Cheers[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was considering TPMS, I ruled out 'external' BLE as they are bulky and, well - ugly, they can also be easily liberated from one's car, and as the app is free, would certainly be a target.

Considering all that, I went for a set of fully integrated valves, with 5yr batteries, decent built quality and appearance - the type is BLE VC601, but there might be newer versions by now:

28135491219_483a76c0bf_o.jpg

I was changing two front (drive) tyres to Asymmetric F3, so it was a good opportunity to replace all four valves - only £30 extra for rear ones, and that was paid for by Goodyear £30 cashback ;) Pleased with the fitting, and they do look rather good on my wheels as well:

26491687777_cd05eb2608_o.jpg

These were fitted in January, and has been perfect so far. The only complaint is, the app (iPhone 6, iOS 11.3) is too slow, although it improved somewhat, with the last update: it takes about two minutes for all four corners to refresh the reading, but in most situations that's fine with me, and definitely faster, than going around the car unscrewing valve caps and sticking the gauge in.

25897908877_b2c50c9cd6_o.png

Oh, the only change I had to do is, remove the silly stickers, and paint the inside tops of the valve caps in same anthracite colour as my wheels :)

Didn't even know you could get such things David! Yet another one of your neat mods, very nice indeed and obviously very useful. Would you be so kind to post the link up?

Reactions: GLK
Didn't even know you could get such things David! Yet another one of your neat mods, very nice indeed and obviously very useful. Would you be so kind to post the link up?

I believe this is it Abb BLE TPMS Sensor VC601 Wireless Smart Car BLE TPMS Systems Tire Pressure Monitoring System Bluetooth 4.0 Sensors for iOS Android -in Pressure & Vacuum Testers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

When I was considering TPMS, I ruled out 'external' BLE as they are bulky and, well - ugly, they can also be easily liberated from one's car, and as the app is free, would certainly be a target.

Considering all that, I went for a set of fully integrated valves, with 5yr batteries, decent built quality and appearance - the type is BLE VC601, but there might be newer versions by now:

28135491219_483a76c0bf_o.jpg

I was changing two front (drive) tyres to Asymmetric F3, so it was a good opportunity to replace all four valves - only £30 extra for rear ones, and that was paid for by Goodyear £30 cashback ;) Pleased with the fitting, and they do look rather good on my wheels as well:

26491687777_cd05eb2608_o.jpg

These were fitted in January, and has been perfect so far. The only complaint is, the app (iPhone 6, iOS 11.3) is too slow, although it improved somewhat, with the last update: it takes about two minutes for all four corners to refresh the reading, but in most situations that's fine with me, and definitely faster, than going around the car unscrewing valve caps and sticking the gauge in.

25897908877_b2c50c9cd6_o.png

Oh, the only change I had to do is, remove the silly stickers, and paint the inside tops of the valve caps in same anthracite colour as my wheels :)

Fantastic, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Appreciate such an informative reply, thank you[emoji106][emoji106]

Its just a bit of piece of mind that she can check the pressures occasionally, not so obvious with low profile stiff walled tyres nowadays, especially with not a lot of car interest lets say[emoji3] so that ‘kit’ would be perfect[emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: GLK
Fantastic, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Appreciate such an informative reply, thank you

My pleasure, glad it's useful :)

The one I bought from, is no longer showing up, but it was identical to this:
Newest Universal TPMS Bluetooth Android/iOS Phone Auto Tire Pressure Monitor 4 Sensors IN/EX Bluetooth Low Energy Alarm Care-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Similar, but I didn't want anything plugged into my OBD port on a permanent basis, so opted for the one above - just [internal] sensors and a free app.

Reactions: Abb
I fitted an internal TPMS system to my Celica GT4. The main issue is the 'batteries' in the sensors. They are not replaceable, hence after a few years (fitted 8 years ago), they become troublesome in getting replacement. As with any tech, they become obsolete, and I've had the devils own job getting replacements. With my W203 which I've just acquired, I am considering a BT system for no other reason that you can replace the battery in the sensor, so will not become so easily obsolete - I keep my cars for a long time! Ebay is littered with such BT systems now...

TPMS on my GT4

TPMS GT4 LoRes.jpg

TPMS system | eBay

I am considering a BT system for no other reason that you can replace the battery in the sensor, so will not become so easily obsolete - I keep my cars for a long time!

Looks like both internal & external use Bluetooth. Do you mean that the externally mounted sensors have replaceable batteries?

No way to open up your current ones to get to their batteries?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Looks like both internal & external use Bluetooth. Do you mean that the externally mounted sensors have replaceable batteries?

No way to open up your current ones to get to their batteries?

Yes, I mean the ones I'm considering you can easily replace the batteries in the individual external sensors. The ones I have in my GT4 are internal & NOT replaceable, being sealed within the sensor. No doubt, if you dremel out the sensor, you may get to the battery, but it's not designed for that. It states a battery life of 7 years, but that flies by when you keep cars as long as me LOL

There are some internal BLE sensor valves with replaceable batteries, but considering the the cost of a set, and technology advancements, I'd want something new in 5-7 years time.
That assuming the sensor circuitry will outlive the built-in battery.

My 'old' TPMS system works 100% and I have no need to update technology, as it still gives me the tyre pressures. It's just a shame that the internal sensors are sealed, that would be the only advance I'd want. I can guarantee in another 7 years, all I'd want is to tell the tyre pressures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom