Bluetooth v4.0 and W204 UMI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BEALEDUK

Car
W204 220CDI Sport
I've got a 2009 W204 with the UMI (fitted from new) it has the 7 digit postcode search and works ok.

The problem I have is that I just got a new phone (HTC One X) think this phone has a new Bluetooth spec. (version 4.0) and it won't pair with the UMI! Has anyone else seen this problem and is there a solution?

My old phone was a HTC desire that had Bluetooth v3.0 and worked just fine, so I suppose its just a compatibility problem between the UMI and v4.0. I think the Iphone 4s has Bluetooth v4.0 too so this must be a common problem, surely???

Anyone know of a solution? I contacted the dealership, they said no updates are available and they couldn't help me!

Cheers,
Darren

It doesnt pair with UMI it pairs directly to the Audio 20 headunit. Have you deleted the old pairing and gone through the pairing proceddure with your new phone as as in your Audio 20 user manual?

Thanks for your help, silly me, it's obvious the UMI has nothing to do with it!!! I'll give it a go this evening and make sure I pre-delete all other pairing!

Interestingly the One X isn't listed as a compatible device in the link provided by Grober:
Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity

Hopefully it's just because they've not had chance to try it yet and not because its incompatible!!

Think its as you say -- its because its new. The Iphone 4 is listed and its Bluetooth v4.0 afaik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom