Bluetooth W221

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mistermackay

Car
Mercedes S320 CDI 2007
I have just purchased an S320CDI 2007 vintage. It has an existing bluetooth
module in the centre console. I have tried to pair my Iphone 6 to the car but it keeps saying is is not compatible. It has loaded my iphone onto the bluetooth system but it wont pair. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a procedure or special password etc.?

You need to pair the phone with the module. Is it the black Mercedes one ? If so, the bottom of the top is a button, hold it down until blue light flashes faster - search on phone -> MB Bluetooth, pairing code is 62872

Cheers

R

Hi guys
I've tried this and still not connecting. Is there anything else I could try or could it be my phone? It's Nokia lumia...
Thanks in advance
Lee

Hi guys
I've tried this and still not connecting. Is there anything else I could try or could it be my phone? It's Nokia lumia...
Thanks in advance
Lee

Have you held down the button until the blue light starts flashing fast ? I suspect you didn't wait long enough

R

hi Richard
Yes held it down until it started flashing faster, said pairing on my phone then after a minute or so it said could not pair....? Will try the wife's phone tomorrow and see if that works..
My phone found two Bluetooth devices, MB phone set up and a load of numbers and letters, is that the hifi system maybe ?

The uni-snixxxx device is for pairing a privacy headet. The mb Bluetooth is the Bluetooth adapter.

Sounds like your phone!

R

I think Lumia phones don't support certain Bluetooth profiles that MB adapters use.

You are more likely to have success with an Android phone, especially if you install the Bluedun app.

For my CLK, I acquired a MB SAP module and fitted it with a SIM. I don't do many miles now so a PAYG SIM for the car is fine. If I will be driving for more than half an hour or so, I divert my Lumia to the car's number using Flight Mode.

Thanks guys, think I will just buy another phone. Looks by what the OP has said the IPhone works.... I'm **** with phones to be fair but I just want my music to play, just a thought, should my iPad connect as its by Apple?

Cheers
Lee

I think Lumia phones don't support certain Bluetooth profiles that MB adapters use.

You are more likely to have success with an Android phone, especially if you install the Bluedun app.

For my CLK, I acquired a MB SAP module and fitted it with a SIM. I don't do many miles now so a PAYG SIM for the car is fine. If I will be driving for more than half an hour or so, I divert my Lumia to the car's number using Flight Mode.

Windows phones do work with the MB Bluetooth module
You cannot stream music though, over those BT modules :wallbash:

Thanks guys, think I will just buy another phone. Looks by what the OP has said the IPhone works.... I'm **** with phones to be fair but I just want my music to play, just a thought, should my iPad connect as its by Apple?

Cheers
Lee

iPhone and Lumia are the same in this respect, no rSAP support. You did not say which bluetooth adapter you have (neither did the OP but since his iPhone worked, it must have been the BT HF profile adapter). Seems you have the rSAP adapter which is not compatible with Lumias (currently), neither iPhones.

Many Android phones have rSAP support, all old Nokia phones do, quite a few more but not all brands.

Thanks Diesel Benz,
How do I tell which Bluetooth adapted I have ? Also could you name a couple of phones that have the rsap support if possible. As I said earlier I'm not into phones so I'm not bothered what it looks like as long as it can make calls and play music pref Spotify ?
Thanks for all your help
Lee

Update... Phone connects now and all works but won't play music. Is there just aux hole somewhere in the car...?
Lee

If yours is a BT module fitted to phone cradle in the arm rest, it will not stream music

Might be an aux in hidden in the glove box (mine came with the iPod interface)

Early W221 cars did not have audio/video AUX interface standard. Cannot remember if it was 2007 or 2008 when it became a standard feature.

It is pretty easy to add both audio and video AUX ports if not present.

Yeeehaaa I've only gone an found a Aux input in the glove box..... So I'm sorted guys, only other thing I need to crack is the TV, the DVDs plays great but I've no clue with Tuning the TV channels if that can be done ?
Thanks
Lee

On a similar topic.....

I have purchased a 2007 S320 CDI, with Command......but I would like to add an interface, to use AUX (which I do not currently have the option of). There is no connector in the glove box.

AUX I believe will allow: video in motion, DAB, DVD, Reversing Cam, DVB-T etc....which I have in my W220.

I am in Liverpool, so if anyone can help or point me to someone who can look at my set, I would much appreciate it, and of course pay the going rate for hardware and labour to get me sorted out.

I have spoken to Merc, who tell me my unit cannot be pimped, but I read online that it can........very confusing.

Thanx gang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom