Bluetooth with Windows Phone 10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisjfinlay

Car
s320 cdi (W221)
For my old Windows Phone 8 device, I ended up buying an MB HFP Bluetooth adaptor (https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes_Bluetooth_HFP.html) and that worked fine - although I didn't have access to the SMS function (not really an issue, I'm not going to be sending a text while driving, even if through COMAND...)

Anyway, fast forward to the start of this year and I decided to treat myself to a Lumia 950XL, running WP10. I can pair it with the device (though it displays the name as UHI-SN6115, which I'm 90% sure isn't the device name it used to but I don't have my old phone any more to verify)... but when I try to connect, it connects for a second then disconnects again.

Has anyone had any luck pairing a WP10 device to their Merc's BT system?

Have just updated my Windows Lumia 640 to WP10 from 8.1 no problem connecting via Bluetooth to Comand , the only hiccup was with 8.1 text messages were read out loud via Comand , with the WP10 update this no longer works .

I can pair it with the device (though it displays the name as UHI-SN6115, which I'm 90% sure isn't the device name it used to

You are pairing with the wrong thing - that UHI-xxx is just for headsets

Where the bluetooth logo (at the bottom of the face) is on the HFP is in fact a button. Hold it down for a few seconds until the blue light starts flashing faster.

Then search for bluetooth devices on your phone, and pair with it (MB Bluetooth I think it is) - code is 62872

Cheers
Richard

You are pairing with the wrong thing - that UHI-xxx is just for headsets

Where the bluetooth logo (at the bottom of the face) is on the HFP is in fact a button. Hold it down for a few seconds until the blue light starts flashing faster.

Then search for bluetooth devices on your phone, and pair with it (MB Bluetooth I think it is) - code is 62872

Cheers
Richard

Nailed it, that's exactly what it was - thanks! Been so long since I changed phones and re-paired with the car...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom