bluetooth wont pair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ian6

Car
SLK 55 AMG
Just installed a comand system in my 2009 Clc180k, everything is working perfectly, except the Bluetooth won't find my phone, the unit came out of a 2009 SLK, and was completely plug and play, not had to alter one wire, DVD, Disc, satnav, lingtronics all perfect although don't know how to use the latter (no steering wheel control) even ran through the learning phase. It just won't pair, it looks for phone, but it didn't find phone. Any and all suggestions gratefully received. REGARDS Gents and Ladies.

This may be too obvious but have you made the phone "discoverable" or whatever your phones version of that is??

Does your phone find the unit?

My phone isn't finding the unit either, on some previous posts there's talk of a Bluetooth antenna, don't understand this as the audio unit I removed had Bluetooth and operated perfectly. The kit from comand on line (which I haven't needed) actually lists an antenna as part of the kit.

My phone isn't finding the unit either,
on some previous posts there's talk of a Bluetooth antenna,
don't understand this as the audio unit I removed had Bluetooth and operated perfectly.
The kit from comand on line (which I haven't needed) actually lists an antenna as part of the kit.

Could the previous unit have an inbuilt antenna and the new COMAND require an external plug-in antenna?

As it is listed as part of the fitting kit, I am betting it is required.
I would speak to them, confirm and order one and perhaps double check you have everything else required at the same time.

Sorry, just noticed the note saying that on the CLC there is not enough space behind the COMAND unit for this antenna's connector, and that you'll need a different model.

As said, speak to Comandonline, they will be able to source the correct anttena for you.

Cheers Markjay, I shall endeavour to purchase this item together with the GPS antenna required for the satnav, although I have plugged the original Arial into the ntg 2.5 that was on the unit I removed, would this not suffice ( old unit had Bluetooth).What's this about coding, sorry to be thick. Regards

Markjay, As an aside the unit scans for phones, as does my phone , they just don't find each other, is this down to the coding that you speak of. Regards

Also forgot to mention, there were 2 optical fibre leads attached to the unit ( not used on my install) could this possibly be something to do with it? I assumed this was for another piece of equipment not fitted in my car.

thanks

Thanks all, problem solved, it now pairs. Don't know why, Dont know how, it's just not deleting the previous address entries, but it's bound to be just down to settings. Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom