Bluetooth working until maps update.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nessy

Hi,
My step-father has a 2010 E350 CDI estate and a few months ago the sat-nav began playing-up in as much as the routes being planned really weren’t very good!
A new TomTom was being used in the car at the same time and the routes being planned from both devices were so different that I began to think whether the maps in the Comand system needed updating?
A set of discs were sourced via EBay and these were loaded in the car last week , in all it took about 2.5 hours to update the maps....the discs were labelled Comand APS NTG4-212 V12 Europa 20172018.
This is where the trouble starts!
Ever since the maps update the Bluetooth in the car will not work!
The Comand display (in telephone mode) will say “ ready for Bluetooth telephony” (no phone authorised) , and that is it.
When searching on my phone I cannot get Bluetooth to “find” the Comand system at all.
I’m convinced that this maps update has messed-up things as the phone system/Bluetooth worked perfectly in the car before!
This is what I have done so far...having done loads of internet searching.....

Pulled / replaced fuses in engine glovebox .
System reset of the Comand system.

And before anyone asks, yes , Bluetooth is activated in the Comand settings!!

I’m at a loss as to what to do next.

Can the maps update be reversed?

Any advice gratefully received.

South Wales, UK.

.....to edit my original post, I’ve pulled the fuses in the engine fuse box,not glovebox , darned auto-correct!
I’ve also turned off Bluetooth on the Comand, and switched it back on, (a few times), and the same with my phone.
I’m also convinced that it’s nothing to do with the phone as the phone instantly connects to the Bluetooth in my Audi A3 and works perfectly every time in my own car......

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom