Blur @ Brit Awards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

190omg

Car
190e 2.6
Was it just me, or does anybody else think that Damon Albarn manged to ruin the very songs that made him famous in the first place last night..

he should have stayed a "has been" ! :doh:

Cheers

Si. :rock:

i stopped watching the Brits in 1997 or so as thats about the same year when popular music turned sh1te.

now i listen to such things as Smooth Radio and talk-shows.

i also find myself moaning at my kids about the same things my dad moaned at me for...

Blur's overlong acceptance speech and having three songs booked is what caused Adele's speech for the major award of the night to be skipped.

Never rated blur, over hyped, rubbish songs and always struggled to understand their appeal.

Last night reinforced this :). I thought he was clucking on stage at one point.

Quite sad to see middle aged men make complete tools of themselves in front of the nation in recognition of their so called contribution to the uk music scene.

And the fact that Adele was cut short for this also shows how out of touch the Brit awards can be... Sometimes..

Blur - who are they please?

Blur's overlong acceptance speech and having three songs booked is what caused Adele's speech for the major award of the night to be skipped.

Adele is just about tolerable when she sings. By cutting short her speech I believe they were doing a great service to anyone listening.

I didn't see Blur last night, but they put on a cracking performance at Hyde Park in 2009. Can't imagine they've lost their touch since then, so I'm guessing they were just having an off-night.

Adele is just about tolerable when she sings. By cutting short her speech I believe they were doing a great service to anyone listening.

I didn't see Blur last night, but they put on a cracking performance at Hyde Park in 2009. Can't imagine they've lost their touch since then, so I'm guessing they were just having an off-night.

You are defiantly having a laugh.

Blur looked like some random blokes had walked in off the street and attempted to create a sound.

Damon Albarn should stick to hiding behind cartoons...

I agree with the comments about Blur, but I really think that Damon Albarn came into his own with Gorillaz.
Demon Days was an excellent album.

Adele = legend.

Come back in 10 years (or maybe longer).... imho she is - at this stage - a talented person, very good in her field, but legend??

The same was probably said about Blur at the BRIT awards in

1995: Best Band, Best Album (Parklife), Best Single (Parklife), Best British Video (Parklife)

By cutting short her speech I believe they were doing a great service to anyone listening.

Agreed - it's a great shame to see such a great writing/singing talent ruin things by talking about her froat and snot :doh:.

Write/sing - yes.

Talk - no.

It was sad infact it was awful and sad, had to turn it off and to think they are doing the closing ceremony at he Olympics :wallbash:

Gorillaz would be far more suitable for London Olympics

developer215 said:
Agreed - it's a great shame to see such a great writing/singing talent ruin things by talking about her froat and snot :doh:.

Write/sing - yes.

Talk - no.

Because she does not pretend to be someone she is not?

Just seen a photo of her in tonight's Standard, giving 'the finger' because she was cut off. How graceless.

Just seen a photo of her in tonight's Standard, giving 'the finger' because she was cut off. How graceless.

That was directed at the ITV producers who didn't allow her time to speak.

A lot of people have supported her into getting where she is today. Understandably, she felt upset at not being able to thank them.

Because she does not pretend to be someone she is not?

I hadn't though about it that way - more that a pretty young girl talking on TV about snot is unpleasant (to me anyway).

More tea vicar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom