BM catalysts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ju4ior

Car
E200k
Hi
Anyone installed or used BM catalysts? Another brand is Reach selling on Europarts but more expensive.

Mercedes genuine far too expensive, even to think about.

Looking to replace in petrol W210 that had the cat taken out but sounded vile.

Who is the OEM manufacturer for Mercedes? I'd give them a try as the first preference.

Hi
Even trying to get OEM reference for the catalyst impossible from MB dealer. Apparent a liability issue!

Asked them to check the OEM reference given by BM catalysts - no joy. Would only give price and availability for dealer part.

Any suggestions?

Magnaflow much more expensive ..403 euros

Hi
Anyone installed or used BM catalysts? Another brand is Reach selling on Europarts but more expensive.

Mercedes genuine far too expensive, even to think about.

Looking to replace in petrol W210 that had the cat taken out but sounded vile.

Buy a used front pipe, problem solved.

Replica cats are a false economy.

There's a reason why a used cat has a scrap value of £75 upwards and a copy one £2.

I thought about replacing the cats on my 129 with BM one when one side failed, Then I read the reviews on their cats and decided that as the originals had lasted 16 years rather than 18 months or so OEM was the way forward and the dealer gave me a 20% discount. :)

If it's just the extra noise bothering you, get a generic silencer welded in where the cat used to be?

Hi all

Many thanks for replies.

Imran at Torqueflow did the decat and will be seeing him this week for a better solution.

Cannot get an MB original as too expensive and they want the old one as exchange (not useful if decatted - is that a verb?).

Will keep you posted to what Imran suggests but already pricey considering the cost of the failed decat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom