BMC filters your views Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del80y

Car
C220 Estate Sport 125
:confused:
Ordered a BMC filter for my c220 from ECP before I put it in for a remap

Mentioned these filters on another thread due to not having to replace them (just cleaning and oiling) and the supposedly benefits of them and was told better to stay with paper and change more regulary:(

""It is made of highly performing materials that allow an increased air flow combined with a more efficient filtration, guaranteeing containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to OEM's 10 microns).""

I always liked a KN on my XR2s

Have I fallen behind times with these:doh:

So O.E or BMC whats your views

Thanks Del

shame you cant do a dyno run on the Standard oe filter, then on the BMC

They are beautifully crafted items, but make no difference whatsoever, well at least that was the case with my C63.

Yes they are a good quality filter, but as said you will would see no gains especially on a diesal. Last year my self and a friend did some rr runs on a pd130 golf trying the k&n, piper ross and bmc. None incresased in fact they lost a couple of bhp but that was probably to do with heat soke. In my opinion a waste of money on a diesal.

Sorry yours is a petrol but just wanted to share my dealings with them. I have heard bad storys about the pipercross damaging maf's due to them being oil filled.

I have them fitted to my C63, currently running as standard. No discernible difference noted in performance, whether they enhance a remap I've yet to find out...

I was'nt just replacing it due to the supposed better filtration and better air flow.
But also due to the fact I usually keep my cars till they are rotted so would be cheaper than replacing every year...
Others commented about oil damaging MAF sensors etc..
Thanks for your comments

Mines is a oil burner Dansenior and the best thing I have done to it is use Millers Eco Power it defo gets rid of a lot of diesel noise and better mpg too.

Last edited:
They are beautifully crafted items, but make no difference whatsoever, well at least that was the case with my C63.

I had 2 of these in my E60 M5 they make no difference at all. On the M5board some people with the BMC filters found that they started melting. I'm sure exactly what came of this or what damage was caused.

In terms of performance the dyno figure I had before and after was exactly the same. I think there may have been a 2bhp increase but this is mainly due to the difference in conditions rather than the filter.

BMC filter killed my MAF on my PD130. Be very wary of oiled filters. Saying that I run a K&N on my Skoda Octavia (2.0CR) with no issues does it make any extra power? Wouldn't know as I cannot run it on a RR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom