BMW 135i owner, now looking at 4.7L SL500 or 4L C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m fairy sure that the dealer would be able to pay for a second year of warranty, but it’s not factored in to the asking price of the car.

When it was Mercedes UK policy to offer 2 years warranty on used AMG cars then it was factored into the asking price.

When was the car registered?

If a car is less than 3 years old then the dealer buys a part year warranty to top up to 12 or 24 months (not available to consumers).

If by "the dealer would be able to pay for a second year of warranty" you mean knock it off the sale price, then yes you can try to negotiate that. But bearing in mind that a year of warranty cost £2875, it's very unlikely you'll be able to get them to knock that off. What's a typical discount off a main dealer c63? I imagine £500 - £1500 absolute max off the list price.

The sales advisor at the main dealer confirmed to me very specifically that they cannot provide more than a 12 month warranty on any car, AMG or not.

So let's look at a few approved used cars on autotrader:

Car 1 - "Minimum of 12 months warranty"
Car 2 - "MINIMUM 12 MONTHS UNLIMITED MILEAGE MANUFACTURER WARRANTY"
Car 3 - "One year unlimited mileage warranty"
Car 4 - "12 months un-limited mileage warranty"

But then.....

Car 5 - "MINIMUM OF 12 MONTHS MERCEDES WARRANTY (24 MONTHS ON AMG MODELS)" !!!

Not sure what's going on with car 5...I can only assume that Mercedes Benz of Loughborough haven't received the bulletin :rolleyes:

Maybe a couple of you on here can enquire with any sales reps you're in touch with, as there's also some ambiguity with Car 1 and Car 2 with the word "minimum".

If by "the dealer would be able to pay for a second year of warranty" you mean knock it off the sale price, then yes you can try to negotiate that. But bearing in mind that a year of warranty cost £2875, it's very unlikely you'll be able to get them to knock that off. What's a typical discount off a main dealer c63? I imagine £500 - £1500 absolute max off the list price.
No, I meant the dealership will be able to buy a second year of warranty but like I said it’s not factored into the asking price of the car.

PS I don’t think there is a typical discount on a used car, there are many variables.

No, I meant the dealership will be able to buy a second year of warranty but like I said it’s not factored into the asking price of the car.

Ok but the sales advisor said that's not a possibility. Maybe it varies dealership to dealership and that's what they initially tell you.

Ok but the sales advisor said that's not a possibility. Maybe it varies dealership to dealership and that's what they initially tell you.
It might not be possible because Mercedes Approved Used Car Warranty was won’t sell a dealer a 2 year warranty, or more likely the dealer have a policy/rule not to as the car has been priced with a 1 year warranty factored in.

Guys, is there a C205/W205 buyer's guide/tips anywhere? ie. things to look out for/check etc?

I know what spec I'd like, and plan to buy from main dealer for the warranty, but it would be good to know any common issues that might present on a test drive/inspection.

I'll probably looking at a 16/17 model.

Had a google but can't find anything...maybe it's too soon and any problems aren't documented yet (or better yet they don't exist...!)

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom