BMW 730d vs C63 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrLahey

Car
C63
Not a race, just something which happened on the m-way today.

Guy in a brand new Beemer 730d thought it a great idea to permanently hog the 3rd lane of the m-way. I was trundling along in the middle lane passing some lorries, about 4 cars went passed me and were then queued up behind this guy. It got to the point where I was in a situation which meant I would be undertaking the 4 cars queued up and then the beemer, something I don't like doing. So I moved out to the 3rd lane behind the 4 cars queued up behind the Beemer - the middle lane was clear but no-one attempted to undertake the Beemer.

To my surprise, one by one, the 4 cars moved to the middle lane to, what seemed to me, allow me to pass. I got behind the Beemer who was trundling at around 65mph. I sat for about a minute behind him and then gave him a quick flash. Normally, people just forget what they're doing and I always wave a thanks when they move over.

Anyway, this chap moved over, great. About mid-way through my passing him, he decided to boot it? I was in S mode, the road ahead was clear and so I booted it too. He lost.

And that was that. :D

Last edited:
I must admit my only gripe with the C63 is it seems to attract idiots on the road. I now get tailgaters, undertakers and generally idiotic driving. Didn't get this in the m3 :(

That's because a lot of C63s are driven by chavs who act like total A holes.

I must admit my only gripe with the C63 is it seems to attract idiots on the road. I now get tailgaters, undertakers and generally idiotic driving. Didn't get this in the m3 :(

So far, I've noticed mainly subliminal respect. In the ST220, it was like every Tom, **** and Harry Audi diesel driver felt the need to put you in your place?

The training course you went on for 'straight talking' seems to have done the trick

:D

Round my way, the chavs pick up the old fridges and washing machines left out on the pavement in what looks to be the car in your avatar? :p

Round my way, the chavs pick up the old fridges and washing machines left out on the pavement in what looks to be the car in your avatar? :p

Is that a car I thought it was a hearse? :D

I think any car with 4 big tail pipes attract attention of the boy racers.
I hardly ever rise to the bait as I like my clean licence, but occasionally if its safe to do so someone finds out what a V8 Mercedes is capable of.

Is that a car I thought it was a hearse? :D

Reminded me of the ST Drivers forums, where it was the diesel brigade vs the ST220 brigade. Suddenly, anyone who drove an ST220 was a 'chav'. And that was back in the day when folk were paying over 20k for their ST220s. Unfortunately, the ST220 is now within the means of the 'chav'. That forum went from:

I've, I'm, great, mate, anyone

to

ive, iv, im, gr8, m8, any1

Shame.

Reminded me of the ST Drivers forums, where it was the diesel brigade vs the ST220 brigade. Suddenly, anyone who drove an ST220 was a 'chav'. And that was back in the day when folk were paying over 20k for their ST220s. Unfortunately, the ST220 is now within the means of the 'chav'. That forum went from:

I've, I'm, great, mate, anyone

to

ive, iv, im, gr8, m8, any1

Shame.

Possibly a reflection of society as much as it is of the ST Drivers Forum.

Possibly a reflection of society as much as it is of the ST Drivers Forum.

I would agree. But I switched off from the place when such folk turned up with "iv brought me a ST220 with 150k miles, its the beast!!!!11111". One has to think that all they've bought is a knackered old Ford. Then they would post up pics of the car with Halfords modifications and attempts to change to the car's halogens to BMW type round circle Xenons. :doh:

It's like the race to the bottom when it comes to Fords.

I would agree. But I switched off from the place when such folk turned up with "iv brought me a ST220 with 150k miles, its the beast!!!!11111". One has to think that all they've bought is a knackered old Ford. Then they would post up pics of the car with Halfords modifications and attempts to change to the car's halogens to BMW type round circle Xenons. :doh:

It's like the race to the bottom when it comes to Fords.

Have to say I went to Wolverhampton Ford when the new RS was visiting for a weekend as I was meant to be ordering one. I'm no snob at all in fact I'm far from it. I come from a family of scrap dealers lol!

But...

My two mates came with me and said errrr Stu no disrespect but have you seen some of the people buying these today? U sure it's for you?

Moral is I backed out of the deal.

I think any car with 4 big tail pipes attract attention of the boy racers.
I hardly ever rise to the bait as I like my clean licence, but occasionally if its safe to do so someone finds out what a V8 Mercedes is capable of.

It does but I've had people road rage for no reason. Guy pulled up today next to me and started having a go. I downshifted next to him and it roared. He said "you nearly ran me off the road" then he went steaming off up the road in a cloud of tyre smoke and weaved in and out of the traffic in anger.

The other week in December I was sat in traffic and someone threw something at my car!!!

Genuinely it's ruining the ownership for me. I'm having second thoughts as I thought it more discreet than the M3 :(

Have to say I went to Wolverhampton Ford when the new RS was visiting for a weekend as I was meant to be ordering one. I'm no snob at all in fact I'm far from it. I come from a family of scrap dealers lol!

But...

My two mates came with me and said errrr Stu no disrespect but have you seen some of the people buying these today? U sure it's for you?

Moral is I backed out of the deal.

Exactly. I never see M5s or C63s boot it around here. Always Merc diesels, Beemer diesels, M3s, Audi diesels and Ford Focus STs. The latter is an epidemic around here - it's like the Focus ST is now within reach of the chav.

I take it ur mates dint go wiv u when u bort ur See Sixty Freee?

It does but I've had people road rage for no reason. Guy pulled up today next to me and started having a go. I downshifted next to him and it roared. He said "you nearly ran me off the road" then he went steaming off up the road in a cloud of tyre smoke and weaved in and out of the traffic in anger.

The other week in December I was sat in traffic and someone threw something at my car!!!

Genuinely it's ruining the ownership for me. I'm having second thoughts as I thought it more discreet than the M3 :(

What you do is record all incidents on a dash cam and then post on You Tube. When you're given some sh*t just reply with "this will be on You Tube later"...tends to silence them.

I take it ur mates dint go wiv u when u bort ur See Sixty Freee?

Yes they did. Funnily enough he sold his C63 a few weeks before for a new M6. He's my next door neighbour ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom