BMW advice on E46 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Ok guys, dont ask why it is here, but i am sure a few of u have the e46 coupe bmw.

anyway, mates wing mirror on pasenger side got smashed by car passing by..

question: will a saloon mirror and mount fit onto the coupe and vice versa or are they totally different?

Ok guys, dont ask why it is here, but i am sure a few of u have the e46 coupe bmw.

anyway, mates wing mirror on pasenger side got smashed by car passing by..

question: will a saloon mirror and mount fit onto the coupe and vice versa or are they totally different?

They look the same, my daily is a 330 Coupe. I've a had a couple of saloons which like i say , look the same. Ideally buy a coupe mirror though

they are different!

different shapes and the coupe has the weird little aero-foils on the top edge - i'll try and see if I can find a picture.

they are different!

different shapes and the coupe has the weird little aero-foils on the top edge - i'll try and see if I can find a picture.

thanks, i am 100% certain they are different base plates.. as when i upgraded mine to ac schnitzers, they had dif base plates then.. so i dont see things have changed for OEM..

ok.. i think i have my answer now lol..

next question.. anyone got one for sale or know of a contact whom has a e46 coupe wing mirror passenger side

aha - they are very different - here is my old saloon - the mirrors fold inwards towards the windows:
bmw3.jpg

here is my last car an M-Sport coupe - they are a different shape, less square and the fold in an "upwards" (weird) manner:
Coupefront.jpg

hope this helps.

3 series saloon and coupe have always been different esp in the body dept.

I strongly suspect they will be totally different

The way they fold is also different even if you could get it to fit, get onto BMW Parts from FAB Direct | Home to sort a new one.

spoke to FAB at midday - £200 for a mirror - no stock.. and the price is a joke.. max would be near £60.

Have been offered one for £80 inc delivery on eBay.

But then matey found one at Euro Car Parts for £120.

so he might just do that

a colleague of mine had a Jaguar XKR a couple of years back - a stunning model in red.

His mirror got smashed overnight while the car was parked up in manchester - took to dealers for repair - mirror casing, mirror + fitting = £900!!

if i was your mate id wait for one on ebay or find one from a breakers yard , go on e36 coupe.com and theres a bmw breakers on there , they will probley have one

spoke to FAB at midday - £200 for a mirror - no stock.. and the price is a joke.. max would be near £60.

Have been offered one for £80 inc delivery on eBay.

But then matey found one at Euro Car Parts for £120.

so he might just do that

You think thats expensive, i had to replace the whole mirror assembly the ML, you would not belive the price, i mean its just absurd! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom