BMW buy Sauber F1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
Sauber and Credit Suisse are selling a majority interest in the Sauber Holding to BMW effective 1 January 2006, thus creating the basis for sporting success as well as the future of the factory with its 300 employees at the Hinwil location. As of 2006, the German manufacturer will enter a BMW managed team in the Formula One World Championship.

Sauber PR

Bet Frank Williams is happy about that.

It's one of the moves toward manufacturers wanting to have more control in F1. I don't think Williams would have sold a majority holding to BMW, hence they buy a smaller team and get a seat at the big table in fromt of Bernie and Max.

Mr E said:
It's one of the moves toward manufacturers wanting to have more control in F1. I don't think Williams would have sold a majority holding to BMW, hence they buy a smaller team and get a seat at the big table in fromt of Bernie and Max.

I think Frank is hoping to get Jensen Button and Honda. He is certainly no fool and I cannot imagine him not having a 'cunning plan'

Back to the Williams-Honda??

If BMW build the chassis then will it be simply a BMW, or will Suaber still have the name, hence Sauber-BMW?

Do you believe that Formula One will survive?

Will Max Moseley remain in charge?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom