BMW Cobra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
will be nice to get a gullwing kit based on z3 or slk/clk

Or scissor doors... Easier in the garage!!!

Mmmm! Nice toy! If I had room in the garage, I would.

Sorry, neither fish nor fowl IMHO, the Z3 is an attractive car in itself, and there's already a huge choice of Cobra kits to suit all but the shallowest pockets.

I do admire, though, being a kit car fan, the ingenuity of builder/designers, even if this one just doesn't work for me.

For instance, it doesn't have the iconic triangular centre dashboard layout of the Cobra or the chrome/ stainless windscreen frame etc. it's just not a Cobra.

Malcolm

Last edited:
My bro in law is keen on building a Cobra replica, so I went to this years kit car show with him. There were numerous decent (but expensive) replicas, there were some poor things that just looked wrong, there were a series of utter shockers (I'm talking about you, Mercedes SL pretending to be a Ferrari 458), but nothing came close to how bad that looks. It's Quasimodo in drag, hunchbacked and hunch fronted, with nothing to recommend it.

I prefer what this guy's done with BMW Z3.

Bertini GT25 - Kitcar

Attachments

• 7f9095a9b883449556cd050949762257.jpg
    7f9095a9b883449556cd050949762257.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 29
Rob77 said:
What? Made a BMW look like some kind of poor man's Fiat :rolleyes:
I thought the rear end was a bit like the Barchetta........

That is the most hideous kit car I have ever seen it now takes No1 spot from the Ferrari 355's made out of MR2's what sort of drugs are these people on :doh:

flango said:
That is the most hideous kit car I have ever seen it now takes No1 spot from the Ferrari 355's made out of MR2's what sort of drugs are these people on :doh:

I definitely think these people are on "Southern" drugs as opposed to the "Northern" variety, lol.

As a previous owner of a beautiful Cobra, that has made me nearly vomit, should be on the BarryBoys shed of the week

What? Made a BMW look like some kind of poor man's Fiat :rolleyes:

I said 'I prefer what this guy did with the Z3' in comparison to the 'Kobra' kit.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom