BMW driver...hard shoulder is a lane? Not for long ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W221copea

Car
2009 W221 S320 LWB ; 2005 XC90 D5
Take a look at this fool thinking the short hard shoulder between an exit and entry on the motorway is a lane!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Possibly a consequence of smart motorways, hard shoulder running is allowed, then it isn’t, then it is. No rhyme or reason. and yes it isn’t signed, so they shouldn’t. Mind you they got back on the right lane when they saw the hatching.

Possibly a consequence of smart motorways, hard shoulder running is allowed, then it isn’t, then it is. No rhyme or reason. and yes it isn’t signed, so they shouldn’t. Mind you they got back on the right lane when they saw the hatching.
its up North, we don't have such a thing as smart motorways, we isn't clever enough for that ;)

His mistake was thinking undertaking was acceptable. He cant read road markings i guess. I wish i had kept the rest of the footage of him weaving and darting around like a loon.

Kindest Regards

Your local friendly Busybody. - HAHA

Bloke made a mistake, hold the front page.
I hope no busybodies manage to film me next time I **** something up.
Some mistake... people die every year broken down on the hard shoulder when some idiot runs into them. Driving standards are deteriorating fast in the UK, and naming and shaming the morons in public forums is an attempt at making up for the lack of policing nowadays.

It would be a more believable mistake if he hadn't then gone hammering down it to undertake several vehicles. That put him firmly in "driving like a tw*t" territory.

Plenty of comments about indicators being used, my biggest gripe of late is the adoption of “I have indicated, therefore I now claim my lane with immediate effect, whether you have to brake or change direction is of no consequence to me as I did indicate”

In the event of a collision I’m sure that their first statement is usually “well I did indicate!”, you just didn’t make space.

Not exclusive to BMW drivers, seems prevalent in all makes, any gender, any age, insured/licenced or otherwise.

Plenty of comments about indicators being used, my biggest gripe of late is the adoption of “I have indicated, therefore I now claim my lane with immediate effect, whether you have to brake or change direction is of no consequence to me as I did indicate”

In the event of a collision I’m sure that their first statement is usually “well I did indicate!”, you just didn’t make space.

Not exclusive to BMW drivers, seems prevalent in all makes, any gender, any age, insured/licenced or otherwise.
Yes, totally this! Particularly when people are filtering on to the motorway and expect YOU to slow or change lane when you can't, so they don't have to adjust. Then furiously gesticulate when you don't.
I do find people's attitudes change depending on the car I'm in... people give me a much wider berth when I'm in my crappy old minibus 🤣

This wasn't a mistake - it was an intentional under-taking move. He crossed a solid white line to drive on the hard shoulder, and it was clearly signed that there were only two lanes. He could easily have moved back into lane 1 but chose not to:

Capture.JPG

Hi , just looking at this still photograph the driver of the car has done nothing wrong YET !

However , looking at the video he is typical of many drivers who ignore all traffic signs , speed limits etc.

Hi , just looking at this still photograph the driver of the car has done nothing wrong YET !

Eh? He's driving on the hard shoulder. As the signs show there are two lanes on the motorway, with a third merging in from the left ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom