BMW driver has keyed my car!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
Arrgh:crazy:

Fuming

Just had a 2 ft long wavy scratch keyed all the way along the off side rear quarter of the Merc. The paint was curled up and still attached.

Rant time

Go to a big shed retail park this morning – its quiet.

Find a space, miles from anyone and park up
Take a moment to collect a few things like wallet, phone and paper and get out of car to find a 5 Series parking up right behind me
I got to get a couple of bits from the boot and he stops 6 inches from the rear of my car and waves me through (how generous!)

I get my bits, give him a bit of a curious look and walk off, but notice that he drives to within 3 inches of the car and stops the engine.

Am in the shop no more than 3 minutes, returning something, come out to find he has gone (and I was quick in the shop) but has left me that present.

I did not give him “the evils” or anything close to that, but I suppose moron BMW drivers must think that that is the standard intention from anybody looking at them (and quite often true I suppose)

Wa**k*r!

I’d put money on it being him as the centre was quiet and I wasn’t near any other cars nor pedestrian routes.
In fact I am now putting money on it – shelling out to get it repaired.

However, I am using Auto Restore.

They are new to me, but out of interest I called the account manager of the Accident Management Company I appointed to look after the Groups UKI fleet and they have just been appointed by them to do the minor repairs for all their clients – including my lot.

Apparently I am being dealt with as a demonstration of service to said Accident management company, so I may not pay full price (some silver lining, but…)

Out of interest I’ll let you know about the repair etc as they do offer a service to retail customers / punters

Last edited:
Sorry to hear this. Any CCTV covering the car park.?

Best to get whole of rear quarter re-sprayed but good luck anyway.

I had a smart repiared carried out on the lower sill on one of my former W203s and I was not impressed (but luckily no one else could notice it unlesss they got down on their hands/knees due to the location).

There are some real Morons about and they drive decent cars too.:crazy: :crazy:

Since you can't swear on here. I'm struggeling to write anything!!!:crazy:
You have my sympathy.

Report it to the police and (as been said) ask around if any CCTV around.

Hope you can track him down and return the favour - with interest!

What ever happens, good luck with the repair.

I do really feel for you as this happened to me recently...as advised by other members on here I did report it to the police -- please do the same - they will check the cctv for you.

Can you post a pic of the damage - mine had to have a respray MB wanted £550+ - I got a little local bodyshop to do it for £200...I cant see the join..lol;)

Where was it? Local?

Sorry to hear it. I have never been able to understand why people want to do that.

The same happened to me, however I was in a CCTV blackspot and they couldn't trace anything :(

This is the very reason that I take a photo using my camera phone whenever I park. It gives me the details of the car or cars parked either side of my PAJ!!! Not very comforting for you at the moment I know, but something to think about - it does give you the little s0ds number plate and therefore a start at getting your own back!!!

Not that I would condone any revenge of course.....;)

I think that in this case -- 3 minutes -- parked far away from others - one car parked close....it may have been a deterant.....it may have caused a row....:confused:

thanks for the thoughts

No, no CCTV - I know the sheds well and its internal only and the spec on two of the retailers systems if one was pointing out would only show Pac Man near a blob - they aren't set up for externals

Olly - Outside Comet at Eastleigh

Still mad, but not reporting it as I am certain that it wasn't the usual "kids" issue that plod is able to make a difference. It was a dark silver 5 Series, so no description and nowt can be done

Just lucky I have a conection or two and have been lucky to hit Auto Restore through the right route at the right time - IF they do a good enough job. this will be one thats worth several hundred, possibly thousands of jobs a year to them, so I might no get the apprentice on this one - I could do with some luck

Off to Paris tomorrow so don't have to look at it for a few days which means the pulse will slow a little and its being done Thursday ( I was offered Wednesday) so full marks so far.

Cheers

This is the very reason that I take a photo using my camera phone whenever I park.

You must have taken more pictures than David Bailey :D

Could this possibly been a case of mistaken identity as it was very much unprovoked. I just can't see why someone would key a car for no reason, even more so since the guy saw you get a look at him.

I hope that guy in the BMW gets his comeuppance.

I have a distinctive presonal plate, so nope, its not going to have been mistaken identity

Hopefully the fix tomorrow will be good and it all goes away

Cheers

new BMW's have those key card thingy (better than the one you get from Mercs) and not the old key type.
:confused:

My house still has 'old fashoined' keys though so perhaps his house has the same :D :D :D

or maybe it's not a key at all and maybe not from the BMW owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom