BMW Engine oil change (E60 530D), quick question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Timper

Car
Merc
Sorry it's not a Merc, but i know there is a lot of clever knowledge on here...

Can anyone tell me which of these had the oil filter behind / under it?

Am guessing it is the GREEN arrow.

Car is a 2003 530D, E60 generation.

Thanks in advance.

incindentally... what are peoples views on engine oil flush products when doing an oil change?

Is it really worth the money?

the other one is pas fluid and as for oil flushes i dont like them as they brake down carbon deposits and just move them around the engine so they can find there way into oil ways and hydraulic followers and things like that

the other one is pas fluid and as for oil flushes i dont like them as they brake down carbon deposits and just move them around the engine so they can find there way into oil ways and hydraulic followers and things like that
This is what promped the question from me as it happens.

The car gets regular use and doenst just do short journeys, which leads me to think that there is no point in the oil flush.

This is what promped the question from me as it happens.

The car gets regular use and doenst just do short journeys, which leads me to think that there is no point in the oil flush.
modern syn oils are very good so if the car has had regular oil changes then there is no need to worry mate

No need to use oil flush these days, and as said on older engines they can dislodge deposits and make things worse. If you are concerned, e.g. old oil has been in car for ages and looks funny, then a quick fill with fresh oil followed by another oil change after 1k miles will serve as a safe flush, but again not normally needed.

D'oh! Of course it is the oil filter.

What threw me is that i know it's a 32mm nut i was looking for but in a rush on the way to work only having a quick glance etc, i read 25mm. What it actually says on there is 25Nm! Do'h!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom