BMW M sales overtake AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I could have lived with a hybrid six but jumping all the way down to a four just offers no aural pleasure. Sometimes I find myself wondering if it's worth paying nearly twice as much in fuel to do a journey than I need to but then I let the M156 roar. Without that I think I'd conclude I didn't need 500hp and buy a BMW with the B58 engine.

If Mercedes drop the v8 in other cars too then I will be looking at the M cars and the Audi RS line up

Without that I think I'd conclude I didn't need 500hp and buy a BMW with the B58 engine.

BM seem to be offering some serious discounts on some of their cars , last week they were doing around £27k off the list price of a new 7 series taking the starting price down to around £40k. These type discounts may be tempting buyers away from MB or Audi.

Belter of a motor the B58 , not as charismatic as any V8 but super smooth ,frugal and seriously tuneable if required.

K

Looks like MB are the only manufacturer from the top 3 going to a 2.0 turbo for their sporty (AMG) model. Will definitely lose sales imo. I read it's due to bringing down the overall CO2 across the range as an average, happy to be corrected on this. But, doesn't look good when you can buy a diesel or hybrid with a bigger engine than their range topper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom