BMW M3 E46 vs M-B W208 55 AMG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tasn1

Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
My brother has just bought a beemer M3 today...he says I will not see him on the track or B roads or Autobahn. We are driving to Poland for Xmas via the Nurburgring (tickets booked 5mins ago!!!). Am I going to be embarrassed? I have 18s on my car and K&N air filter, besides that its standard...so is his. What do you guys think?:mad::devil:

I wouldn't be too embarassed just because your brother will be travelling with a BMW. It is a fine car.

Just try to avoid him in public places.

I wouldn't be too embarassed just because your brother will be travelling with a BMW. It is a fine car.

Just try to avoid him in public places.

Funniest reply all day - excellent :thumb:.

Which M3 is an E46? As in what year is it?

These cars are very closly matched, it all goes down to driver.

You do not have much to worry about, if your on the autobahn you should have him, no problem.

On the track that's a different story...

Wiki will give you all the performance stats for the both, but the roads will always will be the restriction, regardless of who has the biggest schlong.

Track will be interesting though.....

As ^ is only on track the BM will take lead,you`ll be fine.Maybe a little de-cat and a remap inc de-limit might help

So should I cancel the track day...I am the older brother, so I don't want to be crying!

The BM will sound like a skeleton having a w@nk in a dustbin ...

Just enjoy the V8 in yours.

Comparing displacement against power it seems MB still have a way to go.

Daz

If you are going in December then do you have winter tyres? It might be a wise precaution if temperatures are cool.

aaah yes the V8, windows open, Bose stereo off...

M3 will be faster on track and in the twisties, they do sound shíte compared to the V8.

If I was touring long distance I would pick the merc.

If I wanted to do a bit of B road terrorism it would be in the bimmer.

Less stress on a bigger engine, that's why you very rarely see a high mileage BMW M-car. :thumb:

Exactly, and if you do then it's probably had a new engine at some point in it's life!

I always hear about M3 engines and SMG gearbox's going wrong.

Too much stress on the engine, I'm sure MB can get the same power out of the 3.2 in the M3 but I’d much rather have the Torque and reliability!

You never hear about a V8 or V6 Mercedes engine going wrong, built for life!:cool:

Mind you I do like the E46 M3, they are very nice cars to drive, I had one for a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom