BMW Sales Slump in US

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
BMW has become the latest company to announce a dramatic decrease in sales in the US market, with the company’s north American boss announcing that BMW USA has stopped shipment of 44,000 cars that were due to cross the Atlantic before the end of the year.
CEO Jim O’ Donnell, previously boss of BMW GB, reportedly took the decision due to the increasing cost of the incentives necessary to keep BMW’s sales figures buoyant in the ‘States.
The weakness of the US dollar against the Euro has reduced BMW’s ability to make profits on American sales.

For more see: -
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/235111/

See also BMW to cut 8,000 jobs mainly in Germany: -
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/231548/

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the purpose of your post is?

I'm wondering what the purpose of your post is?
Ever the conspiracy theorist?
The purpose is the same as most of my posts: pass on a titbit of info that may be of interest to others. I found it interesting and thought others might. Nobody has to read it.

The purpose is the same as most of my posts: pass on a titbit of info that may be of interest to others. I found it interesting and thought others might. Nobody has to read it.

I always find your posts quite interesting to read actually as im sure many on here do as well. Just some information about current goings in the world...

The trouble is that Mercedes US sales figures are worse.

E Class down 40% in Sept and even locally made R Class is down 50% (and cross-over vehicles are supposed to be taking from SUVs).

E Class down 40% in Sept and even locally made R Class is down 50% (and cross-over vehicles are supposed to be taking from SUVs).

I'm surprised that the R Class even had any sales :eek:

It gets worse - from Yahoo! News:

BERLIN (AFP) – German carmaker Daimler, hit by falling demand amid the global financial crisis, plans to suspend production for a month beginning in December, a newspaper said in report due to appear Sunday.

The break in production would begin on December 11 and last until January 12, Frankfurter Sonntagszeitung reported, citing a company spokesman.

Daimler, the first luxury car maker to present its quarterly results, unveiled big falls in profits on Thursday and issued a new profit warning owing to the global banking crisis.

Mike

It gets worse - from Yahoo! News:

BERLIN (AFP) – German carmaker Daimler, hit by falling demand amid the global financial crisis, plans to suspend production for a month beginning in December, a newspaper said in report due to appear Sunday.

The break in production would begin on December 11 and last until January 12, Frankfurter Sonntagszeitung reported, citing a company spokesman.

Daimler, the first luxury car maker to present its quarterly results, unveiled big falls in profits on Thursday and issued a new profit warning owing to the global banking crisis.

Mike

Thanks for that - and up to date too. One of hawk20's "titbits" is from last February!

Wee bit sensitive..I think you are trying to make a point about BMWs probably being less desireable than mercedes as sales are falling ?....It would not be wise of anyone to gloat about anyones misfortunes in todays economic state..you never know you maybe next.;)

Well the W211 is into its last few months.

And the R ? It's the MB Vel Satis or Avantine.

And the R ? It's the MB Vel Satis or Avantine.

Only in Europe.

It's a US designed and built car. Buick Enclave, same kind of crossover vehicle, is selling very well.

Last edited:
Wee bit sensitive..I think you are trying to make a point about BMWs probably being less desireable than mercedes as sales are falling ?....It would not be wise of anyone to gloat about anyones misfortunes in todays economic state..you never know you maybe next.;)
You are attributing to me things which I have nowhere said. I have simply posted an item I thought some might find of interest, just as I did.

Last edited:
You are attributing to me things which I have nowhere said.

Now why do I picture Yoda when reading that?? :D

yoda.jpg

Perhaps you have a nasty mind and enjoy accusing people with not a shred of evidence.

Haha, I don't think you're really Yoda! :(

It was a joke based on the way it was written, lighten up a bit. :bannana:

Stay in a dark room and keep taking the pills.

I've tried to have a giggle with you, but I give up. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom