BMW sales tactic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

finisterre

Car
Vito, Z4, 530i touring
Shopping can be amusing.

I have just been reliably informed by a BMW salesman that I should be looking for over ten percent off at the MB dealers (or just walk away) because they can't shift anything at the moment.

I grinned to myself, although I was tempted to suggest that the MB crew had said the same about their offerings I resisted and said nowt.

To some degree he's right - MB sales down 2.5% last month, BMW up 2.2%, Audi up over 6%...

Am I too suspicious?

He also said if I shopped around a few dealerships I should be able to get 7% off most BMs

Maybe I should give him a call.

Shopping can be amusing.

I have just been reliably informed by a BMW salesman that I should be looking for over ten percent off at the MB dealers (or just walk away) because they can't shift anything at the moment.

I grinned to myself, although I was tempted to suggest that the MB crew had said the same about their offerings I resisted and said nowt.

He's right , who would pay retail these days? New MB's are cheap as chips and have been for the last few years. Good discounts and low rate PCP's 5.9% . Bmw have been discounting too , but their APR's have been in the 9.9% to 11.9% range.

Only recently have they dropped the E90 and E91 3 series down to 6.4% but in doing that took kit out of their edition models that they were using to tempt sales.

BMW sales can't be that good as they are closing all factories for the entire month of January.

I was at the M-B dealership last year and the offer they had on that week was "any new car on display in the showroom - for sale - at dealer cost + £1.00 "

Things have got worse since then, or have I missed something?

You can save 100% by being content with what you've got !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom