BMW to MERC Xenon conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alps

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E63s s213 2019, E55 2004 Silver-SOLD, E63 w212 Weistec AMG-SOLD, E55 2004-SOLD, C36 1997-SOLD
ok guys, i saw this conversion done on the ML, and it was awesome!

standard headlight, cut out rear bulb holder section, and bond in BMW round all in bi-xenon unit inc power pack, wire up and hey presto you have xenon lights... you do not need new ballast or anything as the BMW round lights are stand-alone units so the beam is spot on. this ML had them done and it was an excellent job, could not see any mod front the front.

Looking for a spare set of c-class lights to get him to do the conversion on them for me, keep you posted!

where are the pics? where does this guy live? I want to go and have a look! get him on the forums!

oh I have a spare set of headlights now because I have just upgraded to OEM Xenons!!!

Koolvin,

pics would be no use as you cannot see anything on his ML it all looks OEM!

the guy lives in camden.

I wanted to see behind the headlights etc, do they have the 'angel eye' halo around them when they are on dim?

Im gonna sell my old headlights if you are interested --- how much did he get the BMW unit for?

bi-xenon is available for the ML too from MB... I wonder how he justified costs...

he`s a painter for the BMW main dealers, so xenon lights were free out of the smashed up cars that come in! he said it was over £500 + vat for the original xenon units from dealer and £700 + vat for the bi-xenon units!

classic, guy who works for BMW drives a Mercedes!

Attachments

• merc_bmw.jpg
    merc_bmw.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 120
yeah, he says the build quality on the BM`s is only just catching up to the mercs now!

but the 22" rims done it for me!

.....saw those 22" rims on an ML at the Brabus stand at Goodwood ... wow !! The tyres were like rubber bands - not surprised that it had a hard ride !!

S.

Sym,

the ride was nice after takingthe BRABUS suspension and replacing it with standard shocks and OPUS springs!

but, yep... rubber bands!

Originally posted by Koolvin
where are the pics? where does this guy live? I want to go and have a look! get him on the forums!

oh I have a spare set of headlights now because I have just upgraded to OEM Xenons!!!

Do you have pics K.? How long did it take for the conversion and I presume you mounted the ballasts as in the OEM position? How much roughly if I may ask?

S.

Steve, yes oem lights , oem fittings, oem mountings, oem connections....

oem prices :(

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Do you have pics K.? How long did it take for the conversion and I presume you mounted the ballasts as in the OEM position? How much roughly if I may ask?
Steve, don't forget the Bosch upgrade kit, which thanks to some nagging last year with the Bosch Technical guys and their supply chain and catalogue people, is now available for sale in the UK :)

Comes with housings, bulbs, control units (aka ballasts) and even another set of indicator housings :)

part number is 0301 082972
list price is £715

My local Bosch agent said they can knock 30% off list price, which would come to a total of £588 including VAT, they said they wouldn't charge for shipping either. I was told at the time there would be a 12 week wait for them, unless they have some in stock in Germany.

Originally posted by Shude
Steve, don't forget the Bosch upgrade kit, which thanks to some nagging last year with the Bosch Technical guys and their supply chain and catalogue people, is now available for sale in the UK :)

Comes with housings, bulbs, control units (aka ballasts) and even another set of indicator housings :)

part number is 0301 082972
list price is £715

My local Bosch agent said they can knock 30% off list price, which would come to a total of £588 including VAT, they said they wouldn't charge for shipping either. I was told at the time there would be a 12 week wait for them, unless they have some in stock in Germany.

does that include the wipers ?

Just out of interest, how does the failed light circuit react to the new Xenon's and does the ECU have to be updated so that it knows of the new lights?

I also assume you didn't have the rear stripped to fit all the headlight self levelling sensor gubbins?

*EDIT* Thanks for the info Nick, it's really appreciated :D It's just a shame that even the Bosch units are out of my price range for the moment :( Can't stop me from dreaming though :) :p Heh at least I already have the headlight wipers in place.
S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom