BMW X3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m going to ask him again and see where it goes.
Regarding a choice between an SUV or an estate, I’m not really fussed.
It’s a runabout car and I’ll never call myself a ‘driving enthusiast’. A car to me is a tool.
Which is a fine answer.

Does the £340 road tax and the 24mpg fuel consumption put you off ? Is the lack of ULEZ compliance an issue?

A 2 litre diesel could halve the cost. If it doesn't worry you, it's still a negotiating lever.

In general, I love older vehicles which have been owned by essentially one elderly driver. (Often called "deceased spec.") They usually haven't been abused as much as ones owned by multiple & younger drivers. Typically someone's usually paid a fair chunk of cash for it originally, and then looked after it.

Last edited:
Which is a fine answer.

Does the £340 road tax and the 24mpg fuel consumption put you off ? Is the lack of ULEZ compliance an issue?
£28 a month isn’t going to break the bank.
24mpg won’t be a problem. (We used to have a Jag)
It’s ULEZ compliant.

£28 a month isn’t going to break the bank.
24mpg won’t be a problem. (We used to have a Jag)
It’s ULEZ compliant.
£1500: sold to The Man From Skiathos !!

I think it’s too much.
Right frame of mind: with three years off the road, his options are limited.

Good luck: let's hope he doesn't just kick the can down the road...

Update.
The old lady died in December so the house is going to be either sold or rented out. Whatever happens the X3 has to go.

Speaking to the son this morning he thinks that it needs a new battery and off it goes. 🤣🤣

I still want it but what’s the best way forward? I told him I’d get a mechanic to come over, get it running and MOT it and he appeared to be happy with that.

Budget for four new tyres,they will all be flat spotted after all that time standing.

That's before they knock him down over the tyres, the state of the exhaust, the nick on the bodywork somewhere and their fees......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom