Bmw's m diesels: The official details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Really makes me scratch my head, this one. 260/270 bhp shifts a car the size of the 5/E class perfectly well, so why is there a need to throw another 100+bhp at it?

Guess it's just me getting old.

Really makes me scratch my head, this one. 260/270 bhp shifts a car the size of the 5/E class perfectly well, so why is there a need to throw another 100+bhp at it?

Guess it's just me getting old.
Some would argue that 160/170 bhp is enough so where do you draw the line?

that's a bit gash.. the rhd M550d is rwd only despite previously stated as all variants being available lhd or rhd.

I wonder how long it will be before a super AMG diesel hits the market? I can't see that they won't follow suit...
Of course, MB could just tune the 420cdi... :D

Actually AMG have form don't they? I'm sure I remember hearing of an AMG w202 diesel... How much of that was 'AMG'd' though is probably a different story.

Actually AMG have form don't they? I'm sure I remember hearing of an AMG w202 diesel... How much of that was 'AMG'd' though is probably a different story.
It was a LHD-only 203 sportcoupe C30 AMG and AFAIK no-one has ever seen one IRL.

I suppose like mini-SUVs MB decided there was no market for hot diesels...

bpsorrel said:
I wonder how long it will be before a super AMG diesel hits the market? I can't see that they won't follow suit...

Be very easy to do and 2 more cylinders and 1000cc more it would trump the BMW 6.

I suspect as the 642 engine has been out for a while and with the Renault/Nissan alliance making Mercedes 4 pots from 2014 that we will see major changes from 2014 in the form of a return to I5 and I6 engines based in the I4. Modular engine design worked well for BMW m series no reason it wouldn't work for MB and allow the 6 pot range just now to be downsized to 5 pots, the v8cdi be scrapped and those be down sized to a high powered I6

It was a LHD-only 203 sportcoupe C30 AMG and AFAIK no-one has ever seen one IRL.

I suppose like mini-SUVs MB decided there was no market for hot diesels...

There was a saloon and estate also

1_Imagem-535.jpg

imagen16e2i8.jpg

Mercedes-Benz C30 CDI AMG SC | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

Must admit until I got my 211 and looked through the owners manual I hadn't realized an s211 E420cdi was available in Germany from 2005 with 314bhp and 538 lb ft torque making the M diesels less remarkable.

I assume the incredibly good economy figures quoted for the M diesels are down to the fact that the engines are only ticking over in test conditions. Presumably a M diesel would not be stop/start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom