Bob Crow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Has died.

Sad for his family. A relief for Britain.

I guess his council house and £100k PA salary will go to someone else now.

Or alternatively the last strong union leader to stand up to big business, let's face it the MP's just roll over and do whatever they're told (paid) to do.
I was never a fan of Bob Crow but at least he stood up for his members.

Or alternatively the last strong union leader to stand up to big business, let's face it the MP's just roll over and do whatever they're told (paid) to do.
I was never a fan of Bob Crow but at least he stood up for his members.

That was his job!

He lived a champagne lifestyle, earning over 100 grand a year while living in a home funded by the taxpayer. If he had a conscience he would have given that up for someone more needy.

Jeremy Paxman summed him up very well. A dinosaur.

Dont get me wrong I dont wish death upon him and im sure it is very sad for his family but the man was totally out of touch with reality. He was probably one of the most harmful people to British business along with Mark Serwotka and Len McCluskey.

NB. Ive heard a couple of left wing acquaintences even say he was an embarassment to their views. Hypocrite was another word.

Until about 2 hours ago there was a story on the BBC site that Bob Crow says MPs should be paid more..... did I dream that?

Until about 2 hours ago there was a story on the BBC site that Bob Crow says MPs should be paid more..... did I dream that?

You did not dream that there was a story, something along the lines of him believing he was worth the £130,000 + with benefits that he was earning but the story was pulled a couple of hours ago before I had chance to properly read it, I'm guessing it would be "insensitive" to keep on running it.

52 yrs old :( Very sad.

RIP

That was his job!

He lived a champagne lifestyle, earning over 100 grand a year while living in a home funded by the taxpayer. If he had a conscience he would have given that up for someone more needy.

£100k isn't that much, the leader of our city council is on £165k...
In fact my sister makes most of that, and she's just a jumped up teacher.
Who have you given anything up for?

Jeremy Paxman summed him up very well. A dinosaur.
Dont get me wrong I dont wish death upon him and im sure it is very sad for his family but the man was totally out of touch with reality. He was probably one of the most harmful people to British business along with Mark Serwotka and Len McCluskey.
NB. Ive heard a couple of left wing acquaintences even say he was an embarassment to their views. Hypocrite was another word.

Dinosaur? What, someone who worked their way up to the top based on ability and experience? As opposed to being parachuted into a senior position after spending ten minutes as a 'special advisor'? Yeah, you're right though.
Presumably your 'lefty' friends are died in the wool neo-liberal NuLabor types.

You did not dream that there was a story, something along the lines of him believing he was worth the £130,000 + with benefits that he was earning but the story was pulled a couple of hours ago before I had chance to properly read it, I'm guessing it would be "insensitive" to keep on running it.

It's still there:
BBC News - MPs deserve pay increase, says Bob Crow

Acquaintances. I guess they probably are New Labour, I dont know. But as 'old' labour is dead and gone thanks to Tony Blair, they must be I suppose.

Do you have to give up something of your own to be able to spot some other waster taking the piss?

Dinosaur? What, someone who worked their way up to the top based on ability and experience? As opposed to being parachuted into a senior position after spending ten minutes as a 'special advisor'? Yeah, you're right though.

Turds in the sewer also usually float to the top.

More you will ever know.

I notice you didn't have a comment regarding my line about his council house. How would you feel if your local council leader or your sister lived in a council property on their way above average earnings.

More you will ever know.

I notice you didn't have a comment regarding my line about his council house. How would you feel if your local council leader or your sister lived in a council property on their way above average earnings.

There you go, fancy expecting a logical, balanced and reasoned argument!:D

The man is dead, lets leave it at that.

Btw, did me no harm nor good, so I am completely indifferent regarding his life achievements / failures.

In every discussion about Bob Crow why the need to always bring up the "council house" line. The Prime Minister lives in a council house too and earns circa £175k (not entirely sure about that figure) so why does the PM not live at their own privately owned homes instead of using a tax payer contributed council home on Downing Street.

Rest In Peace Bob.

I was married for 12 years to a fully paid up supporter of unions, party and the like. Even she and her colleagues confessed that Bob Crow was an embarrasment to the various party factions as his arguments were not based on sense or reason plus of course the issue of his salary and housing versus his 'views'.

This forum has the habit of announcing the passing and celebrating the lives of all sorts of A, B, and C list 'personalities': some of them almost unheard of.
Never, in all the time I've been on here have I witnessed such vitriol directed at someone who's just lost their life. Even the daft Boris came on the telly and gave the man a decent tribute.

Have some decorum please. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom