Body kit or pro mod?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimti

Car
VW Golf
A Merc I saw in Spain this week

Attachments

• bad merc1.jpg
    bad merc1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 144
  • bad merc 2.jpg
    bad merc 2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 136
  • bad merc 3.jpg
    bad merc 3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 136
My good god, it looks positively ghastly. The only thing I like about it are the front lights, the rest is an atrocity.

OH MY GOD

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ive just been sick

Iyse said:
My good god, it looks positively ghastly. The only thing I like about it are the front lights, the rest is an atrocity.

They are standard ones

What a waste:(

two more views of this car..Luckely I couldn't get any pictures of the interior, that was even more excessive :eek:

Attachments

• Image(10).jpg
    Image(10).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Image(11).jpg
    Image(11).jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 104
one word - yuck!! :confused:

Think I'm going to cry....Thats awful. How can anyone possibly think that looks good?

Obviously more money than sense, never mind, the owner "may" grow up one day

I just cannot begin to gt my head around the cost of such a modification. It's definitely a case of each to their own.

In my personal opinion it might be okay on a different vehicle, but this owner obviously likes Mercedes-Benz and has certainly customized this particular car to their own taste. Taking into account the modifications, I just wonder why they never started with an AMG model? Certainly should notbe the cost?

I wonder what a dealer would offer as a part exchange? :D :D

John

Spinal said:
Actually, I quite like the body widening done in front... Wonder where he got that done...

Thats where all the Porsche 944 front wings went when they stopped making them!! :D

That is just a sad, sad sight :confused:

The wheels, although unsuitable for the car actually look pretty cool with that deep-dish look, pity about the rest of it really!

:eek:

'Thats not right'

A mish mash of bad ideas...

Even Xzibit and the guys from WCC would give him a beating for that one.
:(

Last edited:
jimti said:
two more views of this car..Luckely I couldn't get any pictures of the interior, that was even more excessive :eek:

Did you manage to get a good look at the bonnet? From the photograph it looks like there has been a lot of work carried out. Is it simply a fibreglass moulded bonnet?

It is not to my personal taste, but what was the quality of workmanship like?

Regards,
John

glojo said:
Did you manage to get a good look at the bonnet? From the photograph it looks like there has been a lot of work carried out. Is it simply a fibreglass moulded bonnet?

It is not to my personal taste, but what was the quality of workmanship like?

Regards,
John
It was very well done, the bonnet was fibreglass I guess, the thing in the middle of it was a good 3" above the main surface at it's highest point, the wings and skirts were probably fitted and not added to the origional car, thats why I asked if it was a mod or pro job..If I had the kind of money this guy must have spent on the mods I would have got a bigger Engine and kept the origional good looks. I prefer the understated look

Perhaps its owned by Optimus Prime or one of the other transformers ?

Thats the only reason to have a 'transformer' face moulded into your bonnet .

That is quite possibly the most miserable looking car i have seen all year ....

I was outside a house of ill repute, so it may well be the origional pimp mobil :D

jimti said:
I was outside a house of ill repute, so it may well be the origional pimp mobil :D
That sort of treatment looks bad enough on a Saxo or Corsa but is infinitely worse on an S Class imho.

Shame you didn't see it driving, what's the betting it's also got a full neon kit fitted to the chassis.

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom