Body kit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hughes1244

Car
Mercedes SLK R171 200
Hello all,
I now own a 2006 Mercedes SLK 200 R171 and it's been nicely wrapped but I have no idea if it has a body kit on it already? I want to add one to it to give it a muscler look, but not sure if it has something on it already or is standard, does anyone know by the pictures below? Thanks.

FB_IMG_1577655718129.jpg FB_IMG_1577655714959.jpg FB_IMG_1577655711592.jpg FB_IMG_1577655704332.jpg FB_IMG_1577655721015.jpg

Thanks. It's black underneath though, standard and normal, wanted something a bit more unique.

Any suggestions on a body kit to make it look a bit meaner?
please join the bmw or aldi crew you don't deserve that car...

Ah your one of them. If you have nothing productive to say, please don't bother commenting.

I actually think it’s looks good, something a bit different.

You could fit the AMG front/rear bumpers and side skirts.

The 2008 "US FACELIFT" had a more pronounced front airdam side skirts and the AMG model and some special editions had a small boot spoiler according to this
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class (R171) - Wikipedia
Altho I think this is the AMG version pictured here

Mercedes-Benz_SLK_--_09-03-2010.jpg

Some more slk 300 model runnout pics
2010 Mercedes-Benz SLK 300 Roadster introduced, fourth model in range | CarAdvice

please join the bmw or aldi crew you don't deserve that car...

I think the days of turning one's nose up at Aldi have passed. Aldi (& Lidl) offer one of the best & fiercely fought over graduate training schemes out there, with a starting salary of £44K, company Audi or BMW + other benefits. £76K OTE after 5 years. They now offer excellent quality products at prices the (current) main players cannot compete against & are absolutely KILLING the established UK supermarkets. IMO some of the household names people are now shopping at will not exist in 10 years time, while A & L will be twice as big as they now are.

Hello all,
I now own a 2006 Mercedes SLK 200 R171 and it's been nicely wrapped but I have no idea if it has a body kit on it already? I want to add one to it to give it a muscler look, but not sure if it has something on it already or is standard, does anyone know by the pictures below? Thanks.

View attachment 91132 View attachment 91133 View attachment 91134 View attachment 91135 View attachment 91136
Congratulations on your new car.

The AMG body kit looks great. Muscular but not over the top. Google search SLK55 AMG and you’ll see what I mean. You will need to alter the ride height and wheels to complete the look.

Welcome, Hughes1244, :)
your motors different,
different's good, won't please everyone, but so what! :D

Welcome!

As others have said that's a standard SLK. An AMG bodykit is what you're really looking for. However, as others have said, if you go down that route you'd need to look at upgrading the wheels and lowering the suspension to complete the look.

Welcome Hughes.

I also quite like the current look (stripes and all) although I'd lose the AMG badge personally. Be careful with insurance though - the wrap and alloys should both already be declared, but adding a bodykit would push it further into 'modified' territory. It just reduces your options when shopping around for quotes.

I like it

sometimes its nice to be different

Enjoy

I like it.
For me though it would be stripes off and wheels done lighter to make the blue pop more.

If you are going to fit new body parts then you will need to find the correct colour and make of the vinyl used on the wrap.

Enjoy it and welcome to the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom