Body panel repair and paint price?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
My C63 saloon has got a crease and 2 dents on the passenger side door. Going round a few places next week to get some quotes to have the dents pulled out and door painted. What's the going rate between for a good job? Any Qs I should be asking?

If the damage is to your door only .Then i would look for another door in original colour. Save you having to pay for dent pulling and repair, plus paint. And it will have the right paint on it .Thats what i would do .Its up to you. Reading your post i think you will be charged about £250 for a good job.They only see its a Mercedes and the price doubles up. Good luck ,you will feel better about it when it done.

It it's a metallic, the paint will need blending into the adjacent panels. Depending upon the nature of the dents & crease, I'd be surprised if the job was less than £500.

£500 seems a bit steep to me.

A family member recently paid for O/S/R repair and paint (creased) but it had also caught the front door and rear w/arch. £300 and it was a good job, although it took a little longer than first quoted.

I had the wife's front wing repair and painted at the same place, £120 and it was a top job. I must admit though they do seem to be cheaper than most places but I have seen at least 2x R8's and a Ferrari in there too

This will very much depend on who looks at the job on the day.

A Paintless dent repair may be achievable if the paint is not broken, scratched or split.

If it does need paint? It will then depend on what swage lines are available to blend up too and skill; of the person doing the repair.

Worst case: They have to paint and blend into the adjacent panel.

As for price I would be looking at around £300, worst case scenario, for a single panel and blend. But that could rise dependent on how much blending is required.

I could post a pic but it's hard to see extent of damage as its minor. A gate swung closed and creased down the side of the door and left 2 small dents. Dent repair maybe possible as there is no paint cracks or deep scratches. One very light one. Colour is palladium silver ( so grey really) 2012 car. I'll get a few quotes and take it from there. Can anyone recommend a good Bodyshop or even dent repair place in or around Edinburgh?

Just to add it was a wooden gate so not too much of an impact

If it is not touching a seam then paintless dent pulling will probably be good with a good mop to finish off.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Sounds like you just need a local dent removal man. If you can't find one just ask a local car dealer who they use

I originally had a pearl white c63 which had 2 small scratches on the passenger rear door and too have them repaired I was told by 2 different painters that the whole side off the car would need painted because it was a 4 stage colour:eek:. £300 sounds about right for one panel and blending in too the next. Hope you get sorted without any drama.:thumb:

I'll try a dent repair place but wasn't aware they could sort out crease lines. Thanks

If it's a hard-edged crease, or the dent is on a swage line then generally paintless dent removal either won't be attempted, or will not leave a perfect result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom