Body panel thickness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveatki

Has any one out there researched the comparative thickness of body panels across different manufacturers? or of comparative paint thickness.

I would be reassuring to know that if you paid more for a vehicle you actually got more vehicle. For example are the body panels the same thickness on a Chevrolet as those in a Merc or an Audi for example?

Has any one out there researched the comparative thickness of body panels across different manufacturers? or of comparative paint thickness.

I would be reassuring to know that if you paid more for a vehicle you actually got more vehicle. For example are the body panels the same thickness on a Chevrolet as those in a Merc or an Audi for example?
It bares no meaning on anything, many cars have plastic wings yet get a 5 cap rating, its not what you have got its what you do with it

From experience with working the panels of most cars, they are pretty much alike with some exceptions....

However, some thin panels are:

Peugeot
Citroen
Renault
Subaru
Suzuki

You'll be pleased to know MB are marginally thicker than average.

However, it might be worth pointing out that i have not physically measured any thickness......all the above is about the elasticity of the panels.....therefore i assume it applies to the thickness too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom