Body shops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manolis

Car
Mercedes Benz E320 CDi Avant garde
Hi I am a new member - I have joined having read with great interest a discussion regarding the quality of work carried out at a MB approved body shop. Basically I have had the same problems, with very poor quality work carried out on my car. I have been told by MB (after much telephoning) to take the car to MB in Harrogate which has an approved body shop, does anyone know if this is correct as I have been told they are no longer approved. I am desperate!

Welcome to the forum Manolis.
I cannot give a specific opinion on your situation, although what I would say is an approved Mercedes bodyshop far from assures you of a good job. In real terms you SHOULD get a better level of service should issues arrise, but ultimately you will be using a middle-man/third party for the work to be carried out. In my experience, this is rarely of any use despite the heavy premium you have to pay for the priviledge.
Good luck !

Thank you very much for your helpful comments

I managed to dent the rear door on my W140 by banging it into a car park post the other day :( New door required....

Got a quote from lloyds autobody in liverpool - worked out at about 3,200 quid!!!

Went to TRT Motors Roscoe St Liverpool. I supplied the door (100 quid from dronsfields) and the plastic trim (180 quid from mercedes!! eek) and they sorted the whole thing for 500 quid. And they've made a brilliant job of it too - highly recommended!! :)

Got a quote from lloyds autobody in liverpool - worked out at about 3,200 quid!!!

I sometimes think these insurance-type body shops have an ongoing competition to see what ludicrous amount they can shaft out of the customer! :crazy:

Would you REALLY pay £3200 for a new door? Stick it up for sale- "Reduced by £3200 due to damaged door" ER... no!

I sometimes think these insurance-type body shops have an ongoing competition to see what ludicrous amount they can shaft out of the customer! :crazy:

Would you REALLY pay £3200 for a new door? Stick it up for sale- "Reduced by £3200 due to damaged door" ER... no!

Exactly!!! Crazy innit!!!! :D

Manolis
Take the car to MB of Harrogate as MB instructed. They will either have an in house bodyshop or the work will go to an approved one.
Either way you will be covered by MB as they instructed you to take the car there.

Complete cosmetic respray done on my C43 for approx. £2K. Immaculate job but the panel shop is also up near Liverpool. Let me know if you want details and I'll dig them out. I used to be a spray painter myself many moons ago. Sounds like those guys are up for early retirement ;-)

I recently had to use Castle Coachworks in Northampton following an 'altercation' with a bus! (Ongoing...) Excellent service, like-for-like courtesy car and constant updates on how everything was going. When I got my car back, excellent job - even a new repeater in the mirror (damaged but not from this incident!!!). Clean, polished and better than before.
I know this was an insurance job but this is an MB approved bodyshop and I have to give credit where its due..... they will even re-check my tracking next month after I've had my B Service and possible both front wheel bearings changed at another garage! Excellent stuff..

An update to say a happy conclusion has been reached. MB of Harrogate referred me to Alton Cars body shop in Leeds and they were brilliant, great job, friendly staff, excellent service. There is a god!:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom