Bodyshops in Scotland?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davethemus

Car
mercedes c280 1999
Got a W202C280 and i am looking to have it resprayed, could somebody please let me know if there is any good bodyshops in Scotland preferably in Glasgow.
Cheers.

can't give you a personal reccomendation , but there's a GTG at Pizza Express , Braehaed Shopping Centre on 9th May when a lot of local members will be present - good chance someone there will be able to help .

Would be nice to see you there . Details in events section under meets in Scotland .

Just had the front wing and the two small bits at the back (just in front of the rear wheels) done on my W202. Cost was £160 at J & A Coachworks.
Very good job, good colour match, added underseal to the rear bits too.
Unfortunately (for you) they are 30miles east of Edinburgh in Dunbar :doh:.
Came recommended to me from people at work.

http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindListings/690008/J-26-A-Coachworks/Car-Body-Repairs
If you ring them ask for Jim

Funnily enough, just collected the car from the MOT today and my pal picked me up with his C280. His is going in in May...

Hope its of use, Chris

PS: Dunbar is on the main-line so a train from Glasgow is possible, but it is a bit of a trek!

Theres Gordon Cooley Coachbuilders in Thornliebank, does a very good job but certainly isnt the cheapest.
Theres also McCartneys in East Kilbride who do a good job as well.

There is is a very good shop that spayed a new front wing perfrectly for 80 pounds. In musselborough, a wee far away from you perhaps? I don't have the name now but if you are interested PM me and I found out.
Olivier

MRM in Rosebeurn, Edinburgh (opposite Murrayfield Stadium) come highly recommended. They might be slightly more expensive, but the quality of workmanship is second to none. Rocco or Jim are the guys to ask for.

Know of one a bit South of you in Kilmarnock, J Nimmo & Son, Family outfit used to paint my Rally Car when I lived and competed in Scotland, the son is a top Notch sprayer and they are great to deal with, details

www.nimmocoachworks.co.uk

Tel 01563 525299 or 01563 529729

Try and get to speak to John if you can he'll sort you out I'm sure.

MRM in Roseburn, Edinburgh (opposite Murrayfield Stadium) come highly recommended. They might be slightly more expensive, but the quality of workmanship is second to none. Rocco or Jim are the guys to ask for.

Well, I've bitten the bullet and am putting my money where my mouth is.

Called round to speak to Jim and had a long and very helpful discussion, upshot being that I intend giving the car the works:

New wings, replacement windscreen, full respray - trim off, no (or at least, minimal) masking - and wheels refurbished.

The car owes me nothing and as I've said so often, I'll be happy to run it 'till I'm 70!

I was heartened to see in their yard a new M3, 911, RR Sport and a Honda NSX - something I've never seen in the flesh before.

Work pencilled in for two weeks mid June, so - watch this space...

(Thanks, Sean.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom