Bodywork insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dk189

Car
C350
I am offered bodywork/smart insurance for £650 for 4 years for my AMG from dealer. Is it worth it? Supposedly covers all scratches and dents up to 30cm.

Have a look at DirectGAP. They don’t do a 4-year term but the 3-year price is £389.

I’ve claimed on my policy multiple times and the service has been excellent. There was no excess to pay on my policy.

I am offered bodywork/smart insurance for £650 for 4 years for my AMG from dealer. Is it worth it? Supposedly covers all scratches and dents up to 30cm.
Depends if you ever get dents ?

Have a look at DirectGAP. They don’t do a 4-year term but the 3-year price is £389.

I’ve claimed on my policy multiple times and the service has been excellent. There was no excess to pay on my policy.

oh wow that's super useful thanks. Did you ever have to claim and how was it? Also if they have a referral program where you get money, please feel free to refer me.

The only thing I can offer is that insurance products purchased through main dealers are usually several multiples of the cost (for equivalent cover) from the least expensive provider.

The only way to work out whether it is worthwhile for you is took back at how much you have spent - on how many occasions - on in-scope bodywork repairs in the past.

Personally I wouldn’t but you might value peace of mind differently.

Do you have to report dents/scratches incidents that you claim as part of this insurance to your main car insurance?

Thanks. Not aware of a referral scheme but appreciate the thought.

I claimed on mine 20-odd times in 3 years. I am very careful with my car but things like stones chips will always happen, as will others opening their car doors into yours. I found that the policy paid for itself after a few repairs.

I claimed on mine 20-odd times in 3 years. I am very careful with my car but things like stones chips will always happen, as will others opening their car doors into yours. I found that the policy paid for itself after a few repairs.

An average 7 ish repairs per year seems an awful lot, I’d struggle to count that in 25 years of driving and as many vehicles.

An average 7 ish repairs per year seems an awful lot, I’d struggle to count that in 25 years of driving and as many vehicles.
True. But a handful per year on others opening doors in car parks into mins, plus rings scratching behind door handles, and the odd scratch when loading the boot and they all add up. I am very particular about my car so even the smallest of scratches get noticed.

20 times.....are you a rally driver???:)

Does not look like value to me unless you have the luck of @JayS !!

I've probably used smart repairs 3 times in 39 years of driving......its now about £100 per panel with the guy I use (no matter how many pings are on the panel).....so paying £650 for 4 years would have cost me money!....which I guess it does for most people or they would not be able to sell it and make a profit!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom