Bodywork repair in Birmingham and general advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perkin

Car
SLK
Hi

I have a 2001 SLK 230. Owned it for quite some years now and it's been my favourite car. It's only done 60k so I'm planning on keeping it (after considering leasing a new SLK).

Right, now I'm interested in some different opinions and recommendations on repairing some bodywork, some chav unfortunately keyed the offside about a year ago and I never got around to sorting it, since then I've neglected the bodywork somewhat and the car is looking a bit sorry for itself with rusty wheel arches too. It's Bahama blue metallic so I'm fearing it's going to need a respray? What do you think? Here are some images of the rust areas.

Now it just happens I'm due for a service and I know my front wheel bearings are going to need to be replaced. It's all sounding like it's getting expensive.
What would you guys do - as I said I love the car and have previously never had any problems with it.

Hi when I got my c180 w202 both wings and some other panals were rusty I got two wings from a scrap yard £30 and played with them if your lucky you might get a pair the same colour as your car, as for the other rust sand it down use the rust to metal then liquid metal sand that down use body filler and sand flat mask off and paper the area around it and spray on four or so light goats under the wheel arches I used gutter sealent from QD works for me. If you don't feel you could do a good enough base coat then contact one of those mobile touch up people if you've done a lot of the work yourself it may not cost a lot. The front wheel bearing do it your self go on you tube.

If you are in Birmingham then have a drive down to MSL....I am sure Acid can source any replacement panels and there is a body shop next door to them so he may be able to get you a good price, and at the same time get the service and wheel bearing done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom