Bodywork welders west London area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivan1983

SUPPORTER
Car
R129 500SL, R170 230K, 530i Touring, ZZR 600
Hi all,

My e39 BMW has failed it's mot on a rusted sill.

I want to get the sill replaced, the body shop near the mot place wanted to patch it but I would rather do a proper repair.

Does anyone have a body shop who would they could recommend , it's a work horse and the sills are hidden behind plastic (one reason for the rust) so I'm looking for the priority to be a quality structural repair rather than aesthetically perfect

The car is currently in Harrow but willing to travel a bit for the right repair.

Thanks
Ivan

Hi Ivan,
I recently had a full restoration done on my Toyota Hilux Surf. This involved taking the body off the chassis. The standard of restoration was phenomena. The company was Car Care of Kensington. They are based in Notting Hill, just behind Ladbroke Grove tube station. T: 02072299292. The person you need to speak to is Ray, which is next to impossible because he is so busy, and he won’t call you back no matter what anyone tells you! But, don’t let that put you off, because the standard of work is 100%, and Ray is a lovely guy.

Having had 2 E39's before and one with rusted sills that collapsed under a jack, make sure the coachworks/bodyshop know or you let them know about the fuel lines that run through the inside of the sills. Not sure on the 530i but on the 540i it was on the near side.

I strongly recommend Tony Fowkes Automobiles in Park Royal (West London) - tel 020 8965 5014.

Andy did a fantastic job for me a couple of years back.

Thanks for the replies, I will ring around see what my options are

Having had 2 E39's before and one with rusted sills that collapsed under a jack, make sure the coachworks/bodyshop know or you let them know about the fuel lines that run through the inside of the sills. Not sure on the 530i but on the 540i it was on the near side.

This is good to know, the place that wanted to patch it said the fuel tank needed to be removed for the welding but from the impression I got i don't think they would have known about the fuel pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom