BOGOF offer on cars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
So, press are all aflutter about this "bargin": 2 new cars for £20K.

http://www.broadspeed.com/#

But before you get all excited the "Top Secret" car is a Dodge Avenger SXT 2.4i saloon.

"Quality is not a word you would associate with the Avenger, unless it was preceded by the words 'lack of' or 'poor'. The interior plastics are shiny and brittle, the type of material the Koreans rejected in the 90s, and many components wobble to the touch.

The metalwork feels thin and flimsy, and you'd be advised not to slam the doors or boot too hard for fear of things falling off inside. "

"The Avenger doesn't like being pushed hard. Body roll is pronounced, and the seats are not shaped to stop you sliding about when cornering. It doesn't take much to push the Avenger into understeer - something that the standard traction control does little to quell until things get really out of shape."

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/dodge/avenger/1682/2

I wonder how much a remote control for one of these things will set me back. I can just see myself crashing one into the other in the Nevada dessert.

Can anyone on here remember a certain 'British' car from the 70's called the Avenger.......certainly would not build a car in 2008 with the same name!!!

Mind you, Dodge cars are shockingly poor quality full stop

Can anyone on here remember a certain 'British' car from the 70's called the Avenger.......certainly would not build a car in 2008 with the same name!!!

Mind you, Dodge cars are shockingly poor quality full stop

Yes, a BL car built under the Hillman badge, memory serves me right, sounds about the same build quality as offered now:D

Yes, a BL car built under the Hillman badge, memory serves me right

Not BL. It was badged Hillman originally (Rootes Group - owned by Chrysler), then badged as a Chrysler, and finally as a Talbot.

I drove a Talbot Avenger 1600 on and off in the late 70's/early 80s and it was a good car for its time. We had newer Alpines and Solaras as well, and they were not nearly so nice to drive!

There was a 'motorsport' version called the Avenger Tiger :)

Well it could have been called a Locust Avenger...........:D :D

I remember a local Ford dealer giving away Fiesta's with each Granada/Scorpio sold.

Lots of pre-registered metal about the place unsold.

For example, Corsa 1.0 Life version. With a three cylinder engine best described as a modest car but it is what it is. Vauxhall have it as £9k list.

You can get them pre registered on a 58 plate for £6k now. Expect more of the same.

My old man cracked 300k in an Avenger GT back in the 70/80's then upgraded to an Austin Princess.....

My old man cracked 300k in an Avenger GT back in the 70/80's then upgraded to an Austin Princess.....
A sideways move at best surely (at least in terms of style).

My dad had a 1600 Avenger during the year car prices sufferred run away inflation in the 70s (76?) Purchased new for £1250 and traded in for a few quid more 12 months later (against a Mk3 Cortina). :D

So, press are all aflutter about this "bargin": 2 new cars for £20K.

But before you get all excited the "Top Secret" car is a Dodge Avenger SXT 2.4i saloon.

Has anyone checked what Dodge laughably call the "performance" figures - a 2.4 litre engine and 0-60 over 11sec, I'll just get my Cortina out of storage, oh and CO2 is right up there too!

Don't get me wrong I would love to buy/try something different but these cars need to improve their drive-trains.

Mike

THese cars keep being given away in prize draws too, i've seen them being offered in a few TV competitions and magazine offers. No thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom