Bogus Service Book stamped to order.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Full MBSH for £30..

There we are paying a fortune to keep our cars A1 and someone could flog a clocked car with one of these and turn a tidy profit.

:(

Well done Malcolm

Reported to ebay.

Edit: Twice! :D

Only if someone makes use of it to deceive another person. It is immoral though.

Not true - it's illegal, but not for the reason you think of...

-It's against eBay rules (fine, not illegal)
-It's a violation of MB copyright to reproduce the manual and/or stamps

Sounds like a good deal !!!! Mabey Mercedes should start selling them :D :D :D :D

Not true - it's illegal, but not for the reason you think of...

-It's against eBay rules (fine, not illegal)
-It's a violation of MB copyright to reproduce the manual and/or stamps

Consider the following....

If these are original Mercedes Books and Stamps as stated, then where is the copyright violation? I imagine there's another offense further down the line but that's hard to prove.

It's unlikely eBay will do anything about it, they lose fees.....yet they close my sales regularly simply because I have a link to multimap on the sale giving people directions to view the items for sale. This is their view is a blatant attempt at avoiding final value fees apparently. They are more bothered about fee avoidance than illegal or immoral activities.

Clearly it's promoting fraudulent activities but it's not actually fraud until you do something with it. As I understand it anyhow.

I keep all my invoices to back up the service book, and for a 'FSH' I expect the same when I am buying.

Has any one ever brought a car with out calling to check the history, and that all work was done. Timing belts plugs etc. Also each service has a job number so its pretty hard to make up a service history that looks like a mercedes one.

Has any one ever brought a car with out calling to check the history, and that all work was done. Timing belts plugs etc. Also each service has a job number so its pretty hard to make up a service history that looks like a mercedes one.

I once had a problem when looking at a car with FSH.....I called the dealer whilst looking at the car and he told me that he can't give me any info until i've bought the car and I'm the owner !!!!!!!

When I bought my recent vehicle, even then when i called a few of the previous dealers in the book, they were willing to confirm that the car had been serviced there but were unwilling to part with what had been done to the vehicle.

I once had a problem when looking at a car with FSH.....I called the dealer whilst looking at the car and he told me that he can't give me any info until i've bought the car and I'm the owner !!!!!!!

When I bought my recent vehicle, even then when i called a few of the previous dealers in the book, they were willing to confirm that the car had been serviced there but were unwilling to part with what had been done to the vehicle.

It's hard sometimes but if get the right person on the phone it's so easy.

A dealer should be able to tell you what work has been carried out under warranty. They are less likely to tell you what has happened since. Assuming books are stamped (by dealer), you can confirm if they have worked on it without giving anything away. Also would want MOT's to back up mileage claims.
You wouldnt go to the hassle of providing a (fake) Full MBSH unless you were going to clock the car.. Which you would have to every year to tie in with MOT's..

Be careful people there are enough of them out there..

I keep all my invoices to back up the service book, and for a 'FSH' I expect the same when I am buying.
So do I, and I've found it to be an extremely effective tool for closing a sale at the price I want when I sell the vehicle.

You also need that invoice if you wish to take out a warantee on the car aswell.

The warantee company expects you to produce the last service invoice in the event of a claim.

Isn't this just plain criminal?

"This service book is designed for replacement purposes only due to loss or misplacement of the original book" Right.

He's also selling other marques' books in his other listings.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=220219826610&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

One wonders where he got them from in the first place. They are almost certainly stolen. If so he is guilty of handling stolen goods (as would the buyer be).

Also he is aiding and facilitating a deception.

Its a shame that MB stopped putting the datacard details in the back of the service books! That would have made them much harder to falsify.

Well done for reporting it.

One wonders where he got them from in the first place. They are almost certainly stolen.

I put in my report to ebay that they are most likely stolen. I've had a reply saying basically that unless contacted by the police, they aren't interested. :rolleyes:

Notice he has zero feedback too, having been a member since 24-Mar-08!! Me thinks he's done this before with a previous ID....

I put in my report to ebay that they are most likely stolen. I've had a reply saying basically that unless contacted by the police, they aren't interested. :rolleyes:

See my earlier post.

All eBay are interested in is the commission, the only breaches they take seriously are those that reach TV/Newspapers and create negative press, or those that jeopardise their fees....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom