Bogus Service Book stamped to order.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
All three are still active.

I suppose a couple of people could get into a bidding war & send them up to, say £1,000,000. Maybe ebay would notice then!

Also reported to e-bay. If enough people do it, they may actually take notice.

All three are still active.

I suppose a couple of people could get into a bidding war & send them up to, say £1,000,000. Maybe ebay would notice then!

possibly not, just think of the end of listing fees ebay would get on that,

Hmmm, I would always check with the MB stealership to check whether the car had actually been serviced there. The fraudulent service books being sold on fleabay isn't a new thing, they have always been there. However I do feel it is unfair on those that go out and buy our full services, but what happens if you actually do lose your service book?

I don't think I have ever checked to see if I have one but MB regulary service my cars

With some cars the service book would end up ther size of Yellow Pages :):)

When I sold my most recent Triumph, the buyer got two ring binders of invoices.

I think he was a bit daunted, but at least he could see that I (and the previous owners) had cared.

Reported:
eBay Motors Listings>Prohibited Items>Seller is Offering Vehicle REgistration Papers without a Vehicle...

Its a stretch, but that's caught their attention in the past;)

See my earlier post.

All eBay are interested in is the commission, the only breaches they take seriously are those that reach TV/Newspapers and create negative press, or those that jeopardise their fees....

Report the seller for fee evasion, clearly £5 for 2nd class postage is OTT.

While ebay might not be bothered about people flogging made up service histories, they do care about people trying to evade their fees....

Some might question ebay's morals?

I'll get slated for this but i dont have a problem with this guy selling service books,when you come to buy a second hand car the first thing you do with a full service history is check with the garage if its genuine.if a buyer buys through his greed hoping to benefit from this its their own fault if a sale goes t*ts up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom