boing!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fyonn

Car
BMW 330d
afternoon folks,

everynow and then in my Y reg SLK, i heard a kinga BOING noise from behind me, like metal under tension. I don't know what it is or whether to worry about it... it's not that often and I suppose I usually hear it when in reverse, but sometimes I hear it going forward too. the car doesn't seem to react to it at all, it's just a slightly worrying noise.

the only thing I can think of that might sound like that would be a suspension spring, but I don't know what might be catching it and then letting it go suddenly.

any ideas folks?

dave

POSSIBLY SOME THING TO DO WITH YOUR FOLDING ROOF MECHANISM? YOU MIGHT ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE A BROKEN SPRING IN YOUR REAR SUSPENSION. Should be easily spotted if you jack up the car and remove the the rear wheel on either side.
sorry about the caps.:eek:

I've had/have this, its the pressure release for the activated charcoal filter. Apparently its nothing to fret about :) .

Portzy.

well, I'm hoping to get the car to Ian Walker next weekend (if my forthcoming remote roof thingum comes in the post), so hopefully Ian can have a looksee.. see if there's anything terminal going on :) might be calling on the years warrantee agreement that I have on the car.

here's hoping it's innocent..

portzy: it doesn't sound like something to do with a charcoal filter.. it sounds a bit more meaty than that.. but what do I know?

dave

portzy: it doesn't sound like something to do with a charcoal filter.. it sounds a bit more meaty than that.. but what do I know?

dave

The noise I get, which I'm assured is the filter either pressurising/depressurising and its associated backwash, is a very definate ''boing'' which sounds like something has hit the car just behind your right ear 'ole, not something lightweight by any means and scarred me half to death when it first happened.

Its only done it a couple of times though. I'd be interested to hear what yours turns out to be.

Portzy.

I suffered the same problem, it turned out to be a cracked road spring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom