Bolt on wheel spacers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fivehunnit

Car
CLS63 AMG (W219)
I'm after some bolt on wheel spacers for my CLK W209, from other builds I've seen, my body kit works best with 50mm to the fronts and 60mm to the rears, H&R do the 60s for the rears, but a maximum of 30mm to the fronts apparently :dk:
Anyone else make good ones? Any experiences with others?

I found with wheel spacers in general, the extra lever effect applied to the wheel hub further stresses all geometry components and causes negative camber, which wears out bushes, tyres on their inner sections and spoils handling.

I suppose if you had the geometry re-adjusted after the spacers went on it'd alleviate the camber saving the tyres and handling.

Thats way more than id feel comfortable using spacers... 60mm... hmm.

Can you not find some wheels that will work better?

Bolt on spacers are a bad idea, and IMHO dangerous. Bolt through hubcentric spacers are fine, but if you need more than 20mm I'd change the wheels.

As others have said huuuuge wheel spacers are a bad idea... ignoring the poor wheel bearings and other stuff mentioned have a think what happens to the scrub radius when spacing the wheels out lots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius

Spacers (ideally hubcentric) are for correcting/making smallish changes to wheel ET. When bodykits stick on tat results in the wheels looking lost in the arches you need wider wheels and tyres with the approriate ET

Yes you will get undesirable steering downsides with extra-wide spacers, but why not if you are aware of them? ....the super-wide look, like beauty, has it's price!

There's a seller/manufacturer on ebay who will turn-up any size you need and at a reasonable price.

Do a search for "Custom Wheel Spacers" or something similar and you should find him..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom