Bonet/boot lid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blackie c200

I noticed my W202 boot lid does not open to 90 degrees and I wonder why. In fact it doesn't go up as well but only by few inches. I had sent my car for service at Indy and asked them to look into this matter but they can't ractify it. They have checked the springs but according to them, my car does not have the electornics to push the boot lid up as other cars have. Is that an option for W202 ?

I'm sure its mechanical and not electronic (Springs right?). What they may mean is that there is no release from inside the car. I think this only appears on the face lift W202

There is no electronics to open the boot fully,The only remote thing it will do is to unlock via the centre console switch or the remote fob(facelift models only as Mambo says),The only way it will go upto 90 degrees is if the springs in the boot are tensioned correctly,Have you a boot spoiler fitted as this will also stop it from lifting properly?

Yep, I have a spoiler installer previously by the owner. Perhaps that may cause it not to open up to 90 degrees. I have asked the garage to tighten up the springs but still it did not pop up. Tried to open the boot through the centre console or even the fob but still only slightly open. Not a major problem to me but just wondering that why it did not pop up as others. However, curious to what the garage was saying about the electronic things.

Thank you.

On my dads w202 it pops up fully no probs but on mine with boot spoiler the best it will do is just pop up off the latch even with the springs set at the tightest setting.

Mine just pops up off the latch. To be honest wouldnt want it to open fully on its own.

Mine pops open fully either by fob or console button. It struggles a bit if there's rain water collected on the boot-lid but still manages a 90 degree opening. I find it quite a useful feature... especially if your hands are full and you need to load the boot.
It must be the weight of your spoiler that's preventing yours doing likewise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom