Bong - Pressure Loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Burger

Car
2007 SL (R230)
Driving along in my new to me SL today on the M3, I drove over a somewhat uneven piece of tarmac/concrete/pot holes (normal motorway surface) at which point there was a Bing Bong and the dash message displays lit up red and said something about tyre pressure loss. Car felt fine so I took the next exit and stopped and checked and everything appeared fine.

I read on here I think about how this system works by detecting wheel speed or something, which got me thinking it's odd for it to be linked to the ESP. Does this mean that every time the ESP (traction control) activates that it's going to tell me I have a flat?

Thanks,

On a more serious note...

The ESP works by differences in wheel speed and calculates the tyre pressure loss from these values. If you have TP sensors inside your wheels it works a little differently.

I suspect the uneven road had somthing to do with the fault.

Hahahahahhahahah !! That's exactly what i thought when i read the thread title .... :D

Bloody student stoners ....

I'm sure I don't have the full sensors in the wheels... just the ESP driven thing... so, if one side of the car is on a slippery surface and the ESP's working overtime, or one side temporarily loses traction coz it got thrown in the air by our glass smooth road surfaces it seems it will always tell me I have a flat.

Any way to get to get the tyre warning disabled?

As for the thread title, I swear I don't know what you're talking about :)

OK, great, thanks. I'll see how it goes. Took me a while to figure out (with the handbook) how to clear the warning message. Got there in the end. I'll see if it happens again but might well call you and take a trip down sometime.

Thanks,

Had the same on the M4 in the summer. Was nothing wrong with the car and never had the message again. Would be an idea to check all the pressures are correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom