Bonnet actuators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thugusher

Car
mercedes
Hi,

The pedestrian protection bonnet / hood actuators deployed from an impact on my c class w205. I have reseated the pins but still getting the error message on my scanner. The squib for the left rear engine hood lifter has a malfunction. there is an open circuit. Can this be reset or do i need to replace the the actuators.

Any help is most appreciated.

Hi,

The pedestrian protection bonnet / hood actuators deployed from an impact on my c class w205. I have reseated the pins but still getting the error message on my scanner. The squib for the left rear engine hood lifter has a malfunction. there is an open circuit. Can this be reset or do i need to replace the the actuators.

Any help is most appreciated.
What scanner are you using?

It might need a Star reset or possibly iCarsoft MB2 / Autel may be able to re-set the code. If not then the actuators are not that expensive but even with a replacement the error may need clearing.

I was wondering how big a impact your car took,the cars I have seen not mercedes that have this prdestrian bonnet protection,have a long bar at the front around the bumper reinforcement,the idea seems to be with impact at the front it will damage this bar that is filled with fiber optic cables and it is this that triggers the back of the bonnet,they are a very expensive thing to replace and seem to be not repairable.
I am sure the clever people have tested this idea,but when I have looked at it,the poor pedestrian is going to end up over the rook and into the road,I suppose they feel that is better than hitting the windscreen,and I suppose it is as long as they are not thrown into the path of a artic.

Can anyone help

When any of these safety devices are triggered there is usually a control unit that has to either replaced or reset. What caused them to deploy in the first place ?

You need to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom