Bonnet Badge / Centre Caps / Etc .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazhale1982

Car
C350 Cdi Blueefficiency Sport
Evening All

So I've had my first Merc a week and I've done little bits here and there. Moving on to the next steps I want to change the bonnet badge, centre caps and maybe an Amg badge on the boot but I want to know if anyone has any thoughts ideas of where to get them apart from the oblivious place of eBay. Here what I've found so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221349667635

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221428131210

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181394629777

Think these should work well with the Amg body kit and alloys I my C350 but I would like to hear people thoughts.

Many Thanks

Gaz .

I always wonder about all these none AMG cars with AMG badges all over them.

But that's just my personal opinion:)

I suppose the answer to your question is why do you want to fit AMG badges in the first place?

My C350 has an Amg body kit and Amg alloys when it came out of the factory so the bonnet badge and wheel caps just make sense. The boot I think I'm gonna DE-badge anyway so I've crossed that off my list.

AMG really have been watered down and milked by MB since they bought them out. So much more so in recent years.

Not a lover of badges, but each to their own. I also agree about the "watering down" of the AMG product in the last few years.

I think that, if I were going to put badges back on mine, or change the existing ones on the bonnet and wheels as per the OP, I'd probably go for the Affalterbach ones (as per my Avatar) as I think they're better looking and far more subtle than the three AMG letters.

De-badged boot lid is good by the way (IMO) keeps them guessing. :)

I told a friend I might de-badge the boot to which they replied, but people won't know it's a 3.0 litre. I smiled and said, but I will !

I'm all for the Mercedes flat bonnet badge, even have one on my w202 and de badging is fine, but imho that AMG bonnet badge is awful. Sorry if you're a big fan, I know how completely opposite peoples opinions on this sort of thing can be.

Unless it was a fully blown AMG, I wouldn't stick AMG badges all over it, come to think of it, even if it was, I still wouldn't!
De-badging the boot lid is a good look though. All IMO of course.

I'm going for an Amg Affalterbach black and silver bonnet badge and Amg wheel caps. This should go well with the body kit and alloys and will debadge the back apart from the silver star.

De-badged rear is good. :)

Exhausts tend to give mine away though...

E63%20rear%20debadged.jpg

Ok another question. What's the best way to debadge the rear. Never done it before .

I really like the look of the black and silver bonnet badge , but would be worried about buying a cheap replica. Anybody know where you can get a good quality one?

Stan the Man said:
You can debadge with the use of a hairdryer and dental floss.

After doing this how's the best way to remove the left over mess that's still on the car .

Shouldn't leave much behind. I just used warm/hot water on mine, then picked at a corner with a plastic card (credit card sized blank) and gently peeled it back which brought the glue with it.

If you do get any residue left then warm soapy water or, if that doesn't work, lighter fluid (petrol). I always have a supply of this as I have Zippo lighters. :)

WD40 works really well for this.

Right that's a job for tomorrow then. Well if it does pi55 down anyway.

I'd never debadge an AMG Dave.

Dave, I'd never debadge an AMG.

Dave, Dave :cool:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom