Bonnet badge round fixing clip

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Hi to all, a bit of a long shot this but ....does anyone happen to have a spare fixing clip for the 3 pointed star on the bonnet? I purchased one from e'bay and it did not come with the round fixing clip so is pretty much useless right now! I originally had the flat laurels badge which is an entirely different fixing.
Would appreciate it if anyone can help and would gladly pay + p&p.
Thanks.:thumb:

a111r

MB Enthusiast
Car
S123 240TD, S210 320cdi, S202 250TD.
Have a bump, someone must have one lying about, surely?

V12

MB Enthusiast
Car
S320CDI LWB
Do you have a pic of what you have so we can establish exactly what you want?

The star does not normally split from the base, the spring and the lower mounting clip.

Once they are apart, the springs are usually stretched and don't go back together well.

If you only have the top star without the base at all, you'll be better off binning it and buying a complete assembled star.

OP
OP
gadget1960

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Have a bump, someone must have one lying about, surely?
Thanks for looking through your spare parts for me, very much appreciated.
I suppose that the badge comes with only one fixing clip and they aren't available separately so there's not much hope of many spares lying around, my local MB dealer wanted £45 for a new badge and clip !!! that's just taking the p**s really, I think i'll just have to wait it out and see if any kind MB folk on here take pity on me. haha

OP
OP
gadget1960

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Do you have a pic of what you have so we can establish exactly what you want?

The star does not normally split from the base, the spring and the lower mounting clip.

Once they are apart, the springs are usually stretched and don't go back together well.

If you only have the top star without the base at all, you'll be better off binning it and buying a complete assembled star.
Hi V12, I have an 'As new' and genuine MB star and base already, the part I'm needing is the 1/4 turn clip that holds the whole badge onto the bonnet, it can only be seen when the bonnet is open, and is literally a 1/4 turn clip that releases the whole 3 pointed star badge from the bonnet. I have searched the net and cannot find any pics of just the clip itself, but I have posted a pic of the whole bonnet badge with the clip fitted if thats any help.

Last edited:

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Yes that's it with the clip attached. So does this mean that ebay thread was for nothing? :D

OP
OP
gadget1960

gadget1960

Car
Suzuki GSXR 1000
Yes that's it with the clip attached. So does this mean that ebay thread was for nothing? :D
No, It means that my badge is exactly the same as the one in V12's post except mine does NOT have the fixing clip attatched, and it's 'JUST' the fixing clip I'm after.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom