Bonnet bra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Who's got one and do they work or scratch and make more damage to the bonnet than without ?
Think they look quite good ish but also think they would work like a big thin sanding pad across the the bonnet?
What's your experience if used?
Bonnet bra sounds like a nice mod may need a boob job though.
And I know I'll giggle when I tell peeps it's a bonnet bra:D

That's if I get one which I very very much doubt
Bonnet bra who the f@@k called them that.
Just saying

If you drive on lots of loose surfaced roads it may be worth it. If not you'll just look like a tit ...

They look cr@p, are a pointless gimmick and are a complete waste of money.

But apart from that they're great.

better still save ya money go to ann summers and get the bita spare a proper bra

In a small convoy in Germany, one guy had a concours 124 saloon with a bonnet bra, and he had to slow down as the thing started flapping at speeds over 65mph!

It is the worst 'mod' on any car, ever.

People who think it looks cool need their heads read

They are quite eye catching though, soon spot them in a line of cars, but have to agree they do look naff

Had a chequered one on my beetle in the sixties, thought it looked the dogs danglies, though most things did back then :thumb:

Very popular across the pond, was offered one with the X204 as a freebie, politely declined.

For me, this is the equivalent of plastic covers on soft furniture ...

They look fantastic, and add a touch of style and class to any car.
Despite what everyone says, they do not scratch the paint below.
I can't think of a finer accessory to add to your Mercedes.

Now, can I interest you in some chrome wheel arches perchance?
Or an illuminated star for your grille?

Hi Bennyboy,

IMHO, if you're really keen on protecting your paint then forget the bra (they look ridiculous and do nothing to protect your front bumper or wings) and go instead with a good quality paint film.

I've had my last two cars done - started on the first car with the front end, bonnet, bumper & wings but was so impressed I had the whole car covered and the second car was then a no-brainer.

The best films are optically clear, as easy to care for as paint and (provided you don't use petroleum based polish/wax) they won't yellow.

I had a large stone (c4cm dia) hit the bonnet at speed and whilst it chipped the film, the paint underneath was left completely unscathed and original. A bra wouldn't have prevented the damage as the stone struck half way way up the middle of the bonnet.

Personally I would recommend Tom at Paintshield - the finish was first class and it was a great relief knowing the paint was protected from chips and scrapes: Not cheap I'll admit but if you want to keep a cars paint original PPF is probably the best way to go.

HTH, Mark :)

PS: I have no link with Paintshield and speak only from personal experience...

Last edited:
I've never really got this preserving paint and the interior malarkey its a bit like not Sh*gging your girlfriend so she's fresh for her next boyfriend. Just don't get the logic at all.

I've never really got this preserving paint and the interior malarkey its a bit like not Sh*gging your girlfriend so she's fresh for her next boyfriend. Just don't get the logic at all.

Me too.

I refuse to use a screen protector on my phone as well, when I've finished it will be pretty dead anyway.

Each to their own - some people just like to maintain the originality of factory fresh paint for as long as possible - I see nothing wrong in that.

At the end of the day, if you've paid for it, it's your choice...

That's coz you've got the logic wrong Ian - the girlfriend is for Sh*gging - the missus is for wrapping in protective plastic!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom