Bonnet catch

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by wd40, Nov 21, 2008.

1. wd40

wd40 New Member

As I was on my way home today (on the motorway) I noticed that the passenger side of my bonnet/hood was bouncing up and down a little.

When I stopped it was indeed out of the latch/catch on one side, which was rectified with a good push down.

I remembered that when I was looking at the car before I bought it, that it was a little difficult to get that side to shut properly - it needed a good slam.

Are the catches adjustable in any way, I know I shut it securely last time I had the bonnet open and it was easy to notice it jiggling about, so it has happened recently.

Thoughts appreciated - thanks

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    The catches stick. Just lube with oil and it should be fine.

3. OP
    OP
    wd40

wd40 New Member

Just another thought....

Was I in danger yesterday of the bonnet/hood actually coming open? I realise the other side catch was engaged and the centre one.

4. lofty

lofty Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    MercedesA160/2002
    As far as I'm aware there is only the one central one, if you have doubts change it for a new unit but mark the location of the old one to assist re-fitting .
    MB advise that any ware in this unit and it should be replaced, well they would wouldn't they! But in this case i think it's sound advise.

http://www.aclassinfo.co.uk/index.html :)

I'm looking at the aclass I see you have a much posher model so my answer is possibly wrong.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
Tags: