bonnet emblem 2004, 270 SLK CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Damo3073

Car
C Class Premium Plus C 220 D Coupe 2018 model
Hi,

I am a new member to MBC. Just bought a 2004 270 SLK CDI. Its my first Benz and I love it already.
Although the car is 12 years old it has only covered 14,000 GENUINE ( MERC FSH) MILES. It's in mint condition but I would like to refurb it slightly.

Does anyone know how to remove the old bonnet emblem so that I can replace with a new one. I have looked under the bonnet but it looks fully enclosed.

Also I am after some front mats to protect the carpet. Any tips on where to buy a set at good price.

regards.

Damo from Manchester.

Hi,

wow thanks for the prompt reply. The badge on the bonnet looks exactly like the one in the ( flat ) link you sent. But under the bonnet I cant see any access to the base of the emblem. It has a padded cover and then a double seal near to the edge of the bonnet. Damo

Take the padded cover off and you should be able to see how to remove the old one.

Thanks again,

I not very mechanical minded so will get someone to do it. In terms of the link you sent, are the emblems a generic size, will any fit the hole already mad in my slk bonnet.

I think so. Have a search on eBay for your particular model so you can be certain it fits.

Be aware that the cheap eBay badges are copies and substandard in quality. The dealer will sell you OEM and it will last.

Do you reckon the EBAY products might be rubbish. Decent price though. Do you recommend going to main dealers for the emblem, bet its 10 times more expensive.

Have you been on this MBC long. Its ace in terms of advice. Damo

eBay isn't selling them, sellers are. They're genuine Mercedes-Benz parts.

You can get cheap alternatives, for between a quarter and a third the price, but they really don't last, and are cheap rubbish.

You get what you pay for, so I'd make sure you buy the genuine ones.

Some of eBay stuff is OK. The wheel centres for instance are good. I bought a star emblem from eBay and it was very poor quality and started to corrode.
The flat badges are cheap enough to keep until they look rough then get another.

The forums are a great source of info if you have problems. I've been here 8yrs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom