Bonnet insulation pad glue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If not drop me a mail on [email protected]

Thanks for the advise from several members on this question.
It's obviously a regular issue.
On most of the older cars I have owned, it has often been a problem.
On each occasion, I've used copious amounts of Evo-Stick.
It may not be the best for the job - But I've used it in my industrial work over the years in some pretty-tough applications.
I've never had to revisit any of the jobs .... and I do tend to keep my cars a long time.
Most important is to remove all traces of grease and contamination first - using a heavy-duty degreaser - whichever adhesive you use.

ive just got the bonnet insulation for my 124, merces told me they don't do the glue anymore, I was hoping to do it tomorrow but it seems you can only get heat resistant adhesive on the web, unless someone knows where I can get some from

How strange. Ive just checked and I asked for 'bonnet insulation glue'

Heat resistant spray contact adhesive on ebay. Works really well easy to use and not expensive.

thank you rockits, it was nice to meet you, thanks for the glue it was much appreciated, got the bonnet insulation done and it looks really good, thanks again
Great news and great work. No problem at all. Glad I could help out and good to know it did the trick for you.

Great to meet you too and hope the journey back wasn't too painful?!

I've seen this chatted about on the net, seems most of it in the USA. I need to do this task for my R129.
So has anyone here glued a new bonnet insulation pad to the inside of their car hood ?
Has it lasted the test of time, and what make/type of glue did you use ? Some use spray, others say use a paint on type adhesive. Id like to get it right first time.

Thanks
Does anyone know where I can buy the bonnet insulation pad in the UK please? 190e, 2.0 Auto, 1986
Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom