Bonnet replacement emblem E Class W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Max Shine

Car
E Class
I struggled to find and replace my Mercedes bonnet star stand up emblem with a flat badge emblem that fitted, but finally got there.

Pic 1 shows the Star Emblem which is being replaced

Pic 1

Originally I had purchased the 57mm Badge, one which is very common, however as the W212 bonnet has a peak in it, the badge doesn't sit flush. (Pic 2)

Pic 2

The size of the recess in the bonnet is 44mm, the same size as the base of the Star Emblem and after much searching, I came across a 45mm badge from Germany on a well known auction website. In the pack you get a securing clamp, chrome base and self adhesive badge which fits into the chrome base (Pic 3)

Pic 3

This fits perfectly into the bonnet recess and is clamped easily from underneath (Pic 4 & 5)

Pic 4

Pic 5

The self adhesive badge is then stuck on and all is done!

Last edited:
Looks great pal, glad you got there in the end

That certainly looks the part for sure, I am also considering replacing my front emblem with an Affalterbach Badge in addition to a set of wheel cap inserts of the same brand,
The car is a black 2010 E350 CDI Sport so I reckoned on some silver/black items

Probably like yourself I have had a good look around for the above however I am really not sure about the quality of some of these currently on offer.

Have you or anyone else out there got any experience/ advice you would care to share,
anything would be much appreciated

Regards

That certainly looks the part for sure, I am also considering replacing my front emblem with an Affalterbach Badge in addition to a set of wheel cap inserts of the same brand,
The car is a black 2010 E350 CDI Sport so I reckoned on some silver/black items

Probably like yourself I have had a good look around for the above however I am really not sure about the quality of some of these currently on offer.

Have you or anyone else out there got any experience/ advice you would care to share,
anything would be much appreciated

Regards

I bought these for my E55.
Mercedes Centre Caps | Mercedes Center Caps | Mercedes Centre Caps ? Affalterbach Colour
They still look like new a couple of years later.

These would probably suit a black car better
Mercedes Centre Caps | Mercedes Center Caps | Mercedes Centre Caps ? Affalterbach Silver

They certainly look good, and pleased to hear they still look good after a couple of years
I have been on and requested Price and delivery to Aberdeen , also enquired about the bonnet emblem.

From what I gather the 45 mm diameter bonnet emblem is a much better fit than the 57 mm it sits inside the recces as opposed to sitting on top and to high.

again any input into this would be appreciated, nice car by the way, you still got it ?

Roger
Are they to fit the standard alloys? I'd like them to go with my bonnet Badge.
Thanks
Lee

Hi
I could not find the 45mm badge so fit a 57mm. Your correct with how it fits and is not flush, I shaved mine down on my grinding wheel to get a better fit, but now Roger has found the 45mm I'm going to up that.
Here's my 57mm
Lee

They certainly look good, and pleased to hear they still look good after a couple of years
I have been on and requested Price and delivery to Aberdeen , also enquired about the bonnet emblem.

From what I gather the 45 mm diameter bonnet emblem is a much better fit than the 57 mm it sits inside the recces as opposed to sitting on top and to high.

again any input into this would be appreciated, nice car by the way, you still got it ?

Thanks for that, really like the look of the bonnet badge, looks great on Silver,

Also note the front grill , something else I am looking to purchase along with a set of Mud Flaps to fit the sport.

Again any pointers/info/advice/ would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Neil

The 57mm badge on the E class does not look good! Look at the picture I first posted showing how the crease in the centre of the bonnet does not allow this to sit flush - if your bonnet is not flat, it won't sit flush, hence me looking for the 45mm badge

Can I resurrect this thread please? I'd like to fit an Affalterbach badge to the bonnet of my 2014 ML 350, to match wheel centres and several in the cabin.
There is no access for removal of the existing badge from inside so I presume it is simply stuck on?
How do I remove it and can anyone point me to a supplier of the Affalterbach badge,? It's 57mil.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom