Bonnet Star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rubyred

Car
2017 C Class AMG Line
Happy new year one and all.
Has anybody fitted the upright chrome star to a C Class that just has the flat star emblem on the bonnet.
If so, how easy was it to do and where would be the best supplier to get it from.
Keith

Happy new year one and all.
Has anybody fitted the upright chrome star to a C Class that just has the flat star emblem on the bonnet.
If so, how easy was it to do and where would be the best supplier to get it from.
Keith
MB would be best to supply the star .
Not sure about having two stars though if you have one in the grill buddy ?

Thanks for that W1ghty, It seems MB of Newcastle do a lot of bits and pieces on line, will have a look at them.
Regarding the amount of stars, a chap can never have enough stars, can he?

Thanks for that W1ghty, It seems MB of Newcastle do a lot of bits and pieces on line, will have a look at them.
Regarding the amount of stars, a chap can never have enough stars, can he?
I hear you buddy , but a gentleman should only have one star ;) , anything else is vulgar:eek:.
MB Grangemouth parts dept , do a discount for forum members and deliver for a few quid , but this is probably more useful with more expensive purchases. MB Newcastle are very good .

I can do vulgar with the best of them but consider myself more a gentleman, so one star is enough for me.
And I’ve just realised I won’t be able to fit my car cover with a sticky up thing on the bonnet, I think the emblem will lay down, but too much faffing and risk of scratching paint.
So thanks for your guidance and wisdom.

I can do vulgar with the best of them but consider myself more a gentleman, so one star is enough for me.
And I’ve just realised I won’t be able to fit my car cover with a sticky up thing on the bonnet, I think the emblem will lay down, but too much faffing and risk of scratching paint.
So thanks for your guidance and wisdom.
You know it makes sense buddy , sort yourself out a little “snifter” to compliment yourself on your decision making :)

If you want 2 stars go for it Keith, just got our selfs a s213 with the star in the grill and the wife wants to put one on the bonnet 🤔.
If you do get one put a pic up and i can take a look.....not that i think i have a say in the matter 😁

Just as a word of warning to the OP people have a nasty habit of pulling off bonnet stars.

They do but i replaced mine with a removable star ..just twist it and turn to remove it . ebay item number 232633843359 ask seller a question .This is where i had mine from . Just remove the old one fit the new bottom half in to the hole it came from and screw 2 retaining screws in. Job done best thing i have had for mine .

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 13
If you want 2 stars go for it Keith, just got our selfs a s213 with the star in the grill and the wife wants to put one on the bonnet 🤔.
If you do get one put a pic up and i can take a look.....not that i think i have a say in the matter 😁
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hear you buddy , but a gentleman should only have one star ;) , anything else is vulgar:eek:.
MB Grangemouth parts dept , do a discount for forum members and deliver for a few quid , but this is probably more useful with more expensive purchases. MB Newcastle are very good .

Saw the opposite in Cambridge a few weeks ago .. E63S with star delete. Which means he actually had to do some body work as the start isn't on the bonnet on the E63S but the front frame / bumper thing ... Well he'd still have to do some body work obviously, but could also just buy a bonnet if it were there :p

Gentle thread resurrection: about to send my E320CDI to the scrappers, and considering adding its bonnet star to the S204 hopefully arriving tomorrow!

Rubyred. Thats the same reason i had my removable star .I had to take the original star off every October each year to cover the car over and it was in the way . .And the star base was getting damaged doing this , so went for the removable star .

They do but i replaced mine with a removable star ..just twist it and turn to remove it . ebay item number 232633843359 ask seller a question .This is where i had mine from . Just remove the old one fit the new bottom half in to the hole it came from and screw 2 retaining screws in. Job done best thing i have had for mine .
I followed this gentleman's advice and went the same route.
Pictures in the linked thread below 👍

Just to say.... I had the W203 with the upright bonnet star for 9 years, parked in the street, and never had the star tempered with.

I was in fact looking for a 2013-2014 W204 with an upright star, but it seems that this variant was discontinued in the UK in 2012, and later W204s were only available with the three-louvre grille and no bonnet star, including the Executive models that previously had the upright star.

So I bought a 2013 Executive SE without the upright star. I have considered at some point buying the grille from the earlier model and fitting it as well as the bonnet star, but haven't actually done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom